The all electric BMW i3 goes on sale in Europe in July with production vehicles hitting Euro showrooms in October. Euro pricing converted to USD sets the start price at $53,500 before credits and tax deductions. US customers will have to wait until 2014 to order and get their new BMW i3. In the mean time autoevolution has snapped these spy pictures showing the production i3 roof line and paint.
Captured in BMW i3 exclusive Solar Orange metallic this i3 test mule just came off the almost completed production line in Leipzig (first pictures of i3 production line). If you look closely this test mule is nearly a production car. It has complete headlights, tail lights and body. BMW is out fine tuning driving dynamics and other details before they flip the switch and start cranking out i3s.
I think it looks grown up over the prototypes and I can't wait to see it in the final carbon fiber skin. Does seeing the i3 in near production form change your opinion of the car?
More pictures and details at autoevolution.com
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- BMW headlights Q
- BMW dealer claims my car overheats due to JB4 causing waterpump to run at full tilt
- Error Code 93AE 93AF
- Need TPMS advice
- 2007 E90 N46 Camshafts Out Of Alignment Due To Timing Chain Problems - advice appreci
- Pairing E93 and Galaxy S4
- Thinking of picking up a used 3 series. 2009 to 2013 Any Advise/warning?
- Reasonable amount to pay to have FMIC and CAI?
- Turner Motorsports Aluminum Bushings (general suspension suggestions)
- Need help w/ black vs tan floor liner. Black/tan get dirtier? Experiences please?