The all electric BMW i3 goes on sale in Europe in July with production vehicles hitting Euro showrooms in October. Euro pricing converted to USD sets the start price at $53,500 before credits and tax deductions. US customers will have to wait until 2014 to order and get their new BMW i3. In the mean time autoevolution has snapped these spy pictures showing the production i3 roof line and paint.
Captured in BMW i3 exclusive Solar Orange metallic this i3 test mule just came off the almost completed production line in Leipzig (first pictures of i3 production line). If you look closely this test mule is nearly a production car. It has complete headlights, tail lights and body. BMW is out fine tuning driving dynamics and other details before they flip the switch and start cranking out i3s.
I think it looks grown up over the prototypes and I can't wait to see it in the final carbon fiber skin. Does seeing the i3 in near production form change your opinion of the car?
More pictures and details at autoevolution.com
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Error codes on 2007 328i (P0 174/171/305)
- Halos for LCI with bi-xenon.
- Broken Vanos Bolts
- Possible new owner post
- Smoke and misfire (320i 2008 petrol)
- need professional help 07 335I jerks and kicks at 1/4 throttle then check engine on
- Smoke after oil servirce perfomance
- Anyone sorry they got the OEM PE?
- Washing Machine Noise
- Does 2007 328i have steering lock problem?