One of the most anticipated cars coming later this year is certainly the M235i which will be a smaller BMW 2 Series M Performance automobile. As you can see in the photos, this test M235i has the signature wheels, M sport brakes and twin exhaust pipes which are all present in M Performance vehicles.
The interior of the M235i is spied here and it is virtually identical to that of the current 1 Series that is not offered in the United States as of now. The interior is also very similar to that of the F30 3 Series so the final design won't be surprising to anyone. The best news found in the interior shots is the existence of the 6-speed manual transmission!
The 2 Series will be going into production later this year starting in November at the Leipzig plant. The United States will see two variants - the 228i featuring the N20 TwinPower turbo motor and the M235i will most likely have the same N55 powered motor as the M135i that has gotten rave reviews in Europe.
With plenty of models to go on display at the Frankfurt auto show in September, it is not known if the 2 Series will make an appearance or be revealed at a different date. Given a November production date, we may not see the 2 Series on display publicly until the 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show or even the 2014 Detroit Auto Show. Chances are we will be seeing plenty of photos before then. Stay tuned for more details in the coming months.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Deposit on 2013 335i Convertible - good deal?
- No telephone option on the screen
- Engine malfunction light after jb4 and e85
- Help on identifying my rims
- Acceleration throttle question
- For sale JB+ N54 $175
- 2007 320i from Japan to New Zealand - change the iDrive language and maps?
- Maybe there is such a thing as too much horsepower!
- E93 Convertible top - plastic bracket broken
- seat belt adjustment on 335 convertible