Preview: BMW M5 World Record drift attempt
On Saturday, May 11th, 2013, BMW Performance Driving Instructor Johan Schwartz will attempt to beat the Guinness Book of World Record for the world’s longest drift while driving one of the BMW Performance Center M5 school cars. His attempt will occur on the BMW skid pad, the same skid pad used to teach skid control at the BMW Performance Center. The M5 that Schwartz will drive is used to teach students how to control a skid and how to drive a car properly both in terms of performance and defensive driving.
Schwartz will try to best the current record of 11,180 meter, about 6.9 miles, set by Abdo Feghali in February. His goal is to beat the current recording with one that will stand for a long time. Drifting continuously for 40+ miles would more then quadruple the current record.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor (proceeds go to the charity), please contact Johan Schwartz
Get updates about this event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WorldRecordDrift
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- E92 day zero problems.......oil leak
- What warranty would you pick
- Coolant Leak O-ring
- Looking at 2008 335I
- 2006 330i Seatbelt problem
- Avoiding having the dealer wash the car when it is in for service.
- Brake changing - unable to get the drivers side to bleed after trying for at least 30
- 07 328xi a/c port
- Recharge 328xi A/C
- HELP!! Anyone with experience fighting claims with after market warranty.