Preview: BMW M5 World Record drift attempt
On Saturday, May 11th, 2013, BMW Performance Driving Instructor Johan Schwartz will attempt to beat the Guinness Book of World Record for the world’s longest drift while driving one of the BMW Performance Center M5 school cars. His attempt will occur on the BMW skid pad, the same skid pad used to teach skid control at the BMW Performance Center. The M5 that Schwartz will drive is used to teach students how to control a skid and how to drive a car properly both in terms of performance and defensive driving.
Schwartz will try to best the current record of 11,180 meter, about 6.9 miles, set by Abdo Feghali in February. His goal is to beat the current recording with one that will stand for a long time. Drifting continuously for 40+ miles would more then quadruple the current record.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor (proceeds go to the charity), please contact Johan Schwartz
Get updates about this event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WorldRecordDrift
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Can someone help me with this error codes?
- Help on buying a 335 xdrive
- Halogen to Xenon wiring, coding help!
- New shocks for 2006 BMW 325i
- Selling Brand New Snow Performance Meth Kit
- Is it safe to bleed the power steering pump with the wheels on the ground?
- Urgent help - Water in power steering fluid reservoi
- E92 Bass cutting out
- Wheel Spacers - 335i
- 2007 328xi - Help with angel eye and xenon conversion brand suggestions