Preview: BMW M5 World Record drift attempt
On Saturday, May 11th, 2013, BMW Performance Driving Instructor Johan Schwartz will attempt to beat the Guinness Book of World Record for the world’s longest drift while driving one of the BMW Performance Center M5 school cars. His attempt will occur on the BMW skid pad, the same skid pad used to teach skid control at the BMW Performance Center. The M5 that Schwartz will drive is used to teach students how to control a skid and how to drive a car properly both in terms of performance and defensive driving.
Schwartz will try to best the current record of 11,180 meter, about 6.9 miles, set by Abdo Feghali in February. His goal is to beat the current recording with one that will stand for a long time. Drifting continuously for 40+ miles would more then quadruple the current record.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor (proceeds go to the charity), please contact Johan Schwartz
Get updates about this event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WorldRecordDrift
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- How to read BMW-specific diagnostic codes on 2008 335i?
- Front jumper post on 2007 328i do not work????
- Dash cam mount (front and back)
- to keep or not to keep 328 2011 after lease end
- sirius radio free promotion
- Parts Equivalent for 318i in the USA?
- E90 LCI sedan with halogen headlights - H7 Halogen to H7 Led
- 328Xi misfire
- tire inflation