We have talked about the fact that the next generation 7 Series was going to see some significant weight savings through the use of Carbon Fiber but now Autocar has some new details from insiders on what kind of weight savings we may actually see.
|The new 7-series will ditch the traditional steel monocoque construction of today’s model for a structure that uses a mix of steel, aluminium and carbonfibre. Autocar has been told that this will cause the base 740i to undercut dramatically the 1900kg kerb weight of today’s model, and potentially even the 1670kg of the current entry-level 5-series.|
- Similar Dimensions as the Current 7 Series
- Engine choices to include six-cylinder, V8 and V12 gas engines and six-cylinder diesel
- Potentially utilizing a ZF-Engineered nine-speed automatic transmission
Some of this is just speculation at this point but given that the car is not going to launch until late 2015, this is almost more information than we would usually have.
What are you looking for in the next generation 7 Series?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Help! BMW window Washer fluid.
- Engine tuning over longer before starting?r
- New owner of E90 335i, issues to fix on car...
- BMW access control Keyless entry/ FOB programming issue
- Bmw 325i 2006 overheat
- Date/Time disappears on Stereo display
- Faded Plastic Headlamp Restoration
- N54 gas usage at idle
- camshaft sizing tool
- Will these rims fit on a 335is?