We have talked about the fact that the next generation 7 Series was going to see some significant weight savings through the use of Carbon Fiber but now Autocar has some new details from insiders on what kind of weight savings we may actually see.
|The new 7-series will ditch the traditional steel monocoque construction of todayís model for a structure that uses a mix of steel, aluminium and carbonfibre. Autocar has been told that this will cause the base 740i to undercut dramatically the 1900kg kerb weight of todayís model, and potentially even the 1670kg of the current entry-level 5-series.|
- Similar Dimensions as the Current 7 Series
- Engine choices to include six-cylinder, V8 and V12 gas engines and six-cylinder diesel
- Potentially utilizing a ZF-Engineered nine-speed automatic transmission
Some of this is just speculation at this point but given that the car is not going to launch until late 2015, this is almost more information than we would usually have.
What are you looking for in the next generation 7 Series?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- What Do You Think About This 328i M-Sport?
- water pump thermostat
- Transmission? Or electrical?
- Satellite radio not in the screen
- Hello there, Im brand new and already have some questions LOL
- Mechanic put in wrong spark plugs - I confronted him.
- BMW 197 Style 18 on a 08 E92 335XI
- Engine shake
- 2011 335d - diesel exhaust fluid
- Used bmw parts