We have talked about the fact that the next generation 7 Series was going to see some significant weight savings through the use of Carbon Fiber but now Autocar has some new details from insiders on what kind of weight savings we may actually see.
|The new 7-series will ditch the traditional steel monocoque construction of today’s model for a structure that uses a mix of steel, aluminium and carbonfibre. Autocar has been told that this will cause the base 740i to undercut dramatically the 1900kg kerb weight of today’s model, and potentially even the 1670kg of the current entry-level 5-series.|
- Similar Dimensions as the Current 7 Series
- Engine choices to include six-cylinder, V8 and V12 gas engines and six-cylinder diesel
- Potentially utilizing a ZF-Engineered nine-speed automatic transmission
Some of this is just speculation at this point but given that the car is not going to launch until late 2015, this is almost more information than we would usually have.
What are you looking for in the next generation 7 Series?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Need somebody in Atl that works on bmw for a good price
- Sooo...I just traded in my 07 328i for a 335i
- Changed the brakes...
- 2007 engine knocks and misses at times , then runs smooth over 80kms
- Resetting codes for airbag
- Black Friday Weekend + Cyber Monday Sale
- Indicator Lamp question
- 328i xdrive - Rattle at 1500-2000 RPM
- 2007 BMW 335i Navigation Screen Off
- Transmission Fluid Recommendation