BMW has rolled out the latest version of their remote control app, My BMW Remote. Version 2.5 improvements seem to be its weaknesses. Google search results now list addresses in international format, street then house number. US specific address formatting will be coming in a future app update, why this was changed is not clear. In another blow to functionality the app can no longer unlock your BMW. The unlock feature now requires a call to BMW Assist to "reduce unintentional activation". These two updates dramatically reduce the usefulness of an already limited and poorly designed app.
On the plus side BMW did make several tiny improvements -
- iPhone 5 display adaptations - I can't see the difference
- Integration of Google Maps SDK - Great, I guess
- Addition of Dutch language - uitstekend
- Security question during login is now encrypted - a minor bug fix
If you have not updated your app I suggest retaining the existing version. Hopefully it will retain the unlock and US formatted addresses. For more information on My BMW Remote and the other functionality see the FAQ PDF.
UPDATE: Looking for a BMW remote app that works? Check this out - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=703707
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Calling fdriller9 --and-- DSX
- jb4 2 step help
- Dash Kit for aftermarket radio
- Used E90 shopping -- audio options?
- Looking to purchase a 07 335i bmw
- New Guy seeking help. Please and thank you!
- Windshield wipers not working
- steering whell upgrade
- Do you believe the airbags should have deployed?
- Max n55 hp / TQ