BMW has rolled out the latest version of their remote control app, My BMW Remote. Version 2.5 improvements seem to be its weaknesses. Google search results now list addresses in international format, street then house number. US specific address formatting will be coming in a future app update, why this was changed is not clear. In another blow to functionality the app can no longer unlock your BMW. The unlock feature now requires a call to BMW Assist to "reduce unintentional activation". These two updates dramatically reduce the usefulness of an already limited and poorly designed app.
On the plus side BMW did make several tiny improvements -
- iPhone 5 display adaptations - I can't see the difference
- Integration of Google Maps SDK - Great, I guess
- Addition of Dutch language - uitstekend
- Security question during login is now encrypted - a minor bug fix
If you have not updated your app I suggest retaining the existing version. Hopefully it will retain the unlock and US formatted addresses. For more information on My BMW Remote and the other functionality see the FAQ PDF.
UPDATE: Looking for a BMW remote app that works? Check this out - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=703707
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Squeaky drivers seat
- 2010 E90 speaks replacement
- Slow cranking 2011 335i
- Style 159 OEM Wheel for 2006 BMW 330xi
- Dealership installed the DEF tank wrong!
- Anyone try the Nav DVD from E-Bay for $9?
- 2012 328i xdrive wagon reliability
- Coolant Low - Lignt was On - Headasket?? '06 330i
- Paddle shift retrofit query
- Fuel Leak