The first showing of the BMW Concept Active Tourer was at the Paris Motor Show and then once again it was shown off at the New York Auto Show. All this time we weren't exactly sure where this new model would land in the BMW line-up. Now, Auto Express has a source that tells them the BMW CAT (Concept Active Tourer) will wind up in the 2 Series Line-Up.
This does not make a ton of sense given the fact that the 2 Series should include coupe/convertible styles and the Active Tourer is scheduled to arrive with four doors - first with five seats and later with seven. Auto Express speculates that this may end up being called the 2 Series GT but it is just speculation at this point.
The Concept Active Tourer will be the first BMW to utilize a front wheel drive system and one of the first cars to use BMW's new modular 1.5-liter 3-cylinder turbocharged motors. The car was originally labeled a hybrid so we would expect to see a hybrid variant when official details get released from BMW in the coming months.
What do you think about the Concept Active Tourer? Would it sell in the United States?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- ipod only playing in alphabetical order
- Please help. first post not sure if I am doing this right
- Wiring Diagram - steptronics
- What kind of "vehicle history" report is this?
- Why the hell is Regular gas 1.89 but PLUS 2.49???
- New Product Release & Black Friday Sale
- E90 - HID Headlight Out
- led light swap
- Took our relationship to next level - sleeping in trunk
- Dtc 2d20