BMW i3 production model revealed July 29th - Stay tuned for all the details

by Bimmerfest.com Member - Andrew*Debbie on July 3, 2013, 4:14 am

BMW-i confirms what I was informally told last month. Live Unveiling July 29th on the BMW-i YouTube channel. The UK website with real car and prices is due to go live the same day.

From BMW insider Scott -

The BMW i3 MCV (Mega City Vehicle) has been leaked in recent Patent applications uncovered by L'automobile magazine. The full unveiling of the new BMW i3 - BMWs revolutionary new approach to sustainable mobility will be unveiled in July prior to its World Premiere at the IAA in Frankfurt.

As shown by the initial 2011 Concept not much has changed except for the detailing with the recent Concept i3 Coupe taking us further to the actual production model. As you can see the car is entirely individual from any other BMW model, this is not a 1er nor is it based on an existing BMW. Everything on this car is developed from the ground up symbolising the market headline "Born Electric".

The i3 will come with eDrive and also be available in REX -Range Extended Engine version for prolonged driving. The engine begins a new synergy with BMW motorrad and BMW sharing technology with greater emphasis than before.

The i3 will be available in model lines and extensive personalization options will be available for customers to add that personal touch and exclusivity to their i3.

The BMW i3 is perhaps the most revolutionary and important car in BMWs history as it begins a new dynamic in production , design and technology that will carry over to the next generation of BMW models.

The i3 also asks the most pertinent question? Can Sustainable Mobility still retain Sheer Driving Pleasure?
BMW-i 1BMW-i 2BMW-i 3BMW-i 4BMW-i 5BMW-i 6BMW-i 7BMW-i 8BMW-i 9BMW-i 10BMW-i 11BMW-i 12

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

6 responses to BMW i3 production model revealed July 29th - Stay tuned for all the details

bredi commented:
July 4, 2013, 12:44 am

wtf was that? a macy's commercial?
Andrew*Debbie commented:
July 4, 2013, 1:57 am

Yeah, the video is awful. Perhaps we are not in their target group.

Much of the credit for the first post in this thread should go to moderator tim330i.. He combined a couple of my posts with his.
abhik commented:
July 9, 2013, 4:32 pm

How do I reserve one?
EC7 commented:
July 22, 2013, 5:52 pm

i'm just wondering, why do hybrids and electric cars have to look like as if they are science projects? Can't they make it look cool like the Tesla?
Andrew*Debbie commented:
July 23, 2013, 2:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by EC7 View Post
i'm just wondering, why do hybrids and electric cars have to look like as if they are science projects? Can't they make it look cool like the Tesla?

Have you looked at an i8? In my opinion the production car looks better than the concept. Volt isn't bad looking either.

==============

BMW has done something both innovative and risky with the i3. They ran focus groups of people living in very large cities. Some don't even own cars. Others drove appliances like a Prius or some euro econobox. They then built a car that met what the focus groups were asking for.

Model S is a great looking car. It is also HUGE. A Model S is bigger than the parking spaces at the local super market. As much as I like it, it isn't practical where I live. On the other hand an i3 might be. I like the turning circle. Just wish it wasn't so w i d e.
EC7 commented:
July 23, 2013, 5:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie View Post
Have you looked at an i8? In my opinion the production car looks better than the concept. Volt isn't bad looking either.

==============

BMW has done something both innovative and risky with the i3. They ran focus groups of people living in very large cities. Some don't even own cars. Others drove appliances like a Prius or some euro econobox. They then built a car that met what the focus groups were asking for.

Model S is a great looking car. It is also HUGE. A Model S is bigger than the parking spaces at the local super market. As much as I like it, it isn't practical where I live. On the other hand an i3 might be. I like the turning circle. Just wish it wasn't so w i d e.

i8 of course is an exception. If one would seriously consider getting one of these BMW i series, the i8 is definitely worth considering.

Then again, i3 is only a start. It reminds me when BMW produced that weird look car with the door at the front. That is a far cry from the present day BMWs