The BMW i8 Roadster won the North American Concept Car of the year Award in 2012 and it has been crowned again this year, now as the Best Production Preview Vehicle. The Production Preview category recognizes those vehicles based on a model that has already been announced or planned for production.
The awards are given to the best Production Preview Vehicle, Concept Car, Concept Truck/SUV, Specialty Concept, and Most Significant Concept Vehicle of each auto show season. To be eligible for the awards, a concept vehicle must make its North American debut during the current model year’s auto show season.
More than two dozen Professional Automotive Journalists from throughout North America serve as volunteer jurors for all categories of the awards. By extending the review to the whole package – design, style, materials, technology, market viability and market responsiveness – and concentrating the focus on the market that the jurors know best, the North American Concept Vehicle of the Year Awards provide truly valuable feedback to help shape the future of the automotive industry.
Read more about the BMW i8 Roadster Concept Car
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Deposit on 2013 335i Convertible - good deal?
- No telephone option on the screen
- Engine malfunction light after jb4 and e85
- Help on identifying my rims
- Acceleration throttle question
- For sale JB+ N54 $175
- 2007 320i from Japan to New Zealand - change the iDrive language and maps?
- Maybe there is such a thing as too much horsepower!
- E93 Convertible top - plastic bracket broken
- seat belt adjustment on 335 convertible