BMW i3 World Launch on July 29th - What do you want to know?

by Tim Jones on July 23, 2013, 4:35 pm
BMW i3 Concept

Bimmerfest.com will be covering the i3 world debut event in New York next Monday. With i3 US pricing finally revealed, starting at $41,350 and an on sale date in Q2 2014 what else do you want to know?

11 responses to BMW i3 World Launch on July 29th - What do you want to know?

rmjames007 commented:
July 24, 2013, 9:22 am

I really cant wait to take one for a test drive. I think the lowere price point will help it be competitive with other electric vehicles, now being on the upscale market side. I wish my state had better incentives for electrical vehicles.
tim330i commented:
July 24, 2013, 9:25 am

Unfortunately we won't get to drive them for a couple months. The limited driving reviews that have come out so far are very positive.

Tim
Jake C commented:
July 26, 2013, 2:58 pm

Which dealers will carry the i3 in the US?

What is the plan for additional charging stations in the US?

Will there be a "reservation" system in place for i3 owners that need a loaner car from the local dealer?

Will there be a restriction placed on how many times (or length of time) an i3 owner can get a "loaner" car from the dealer?

Will the i3 be available via ED?

- J
cblandin commented:
July 27, 2013, 8:18 pm

What do I want to know? How about, Why, oh why, did BMW not pursue a more attractive design?!?! I understand not being limited by the classic platform limitations, but neither is a Tesla Model S and it looks great. Very disappointed that BMW felt compelled to introduce a "look at me, look at me! I am a goofy electric car!". I can only hope the official reveal doesn't have a bunch of clowns coming out of it....
Andrew*Debbie commented:
July 29, 2013, 5:49 am

I'm interested in a few accessories. Sometimes what is offered in the US isn't the same as the UK.

Will there be a rear seat saver or cover? This rarely ordered accessory is available for most US BMWs. We had ones for our e46 and X3 that covered the entire rear compartment.

Any plans for a dog guard?
ChazmanE39 commented:
August 30, 2013, 11:16 pm

This car will be on the Microsoft campus Sept 16th-20th can't wait to see it!!!
Cocopupu commented:
October 7, 2013, 5:48 pm

I would like to know if the car will be sold in dealerships in USA or online? If at dealerships which one in LA or Orange County are good to pre order from?
tim330i commented:
October 8, 2013, 10:33 am

They will be sold at dealerships. Most, if not all LA dealerships will end up BMW i certified if they're not already. Hard to say how the BMW i3 buying experience will be but you can't go wrong with one of our BMW dealers sponsors -

Tim
EC7 commented:
October 8, 2013, 5:24 pm

How about leasing? will the monthly payments be comparable to a 3 series?
tim330i commented:
October 8, 2013, 5:26 pm

The leasing details haven't been released yet. BMW was tight lipped about that at the event.

Tim
Andrew*Debbie commented:
October 9, 2013, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by EC7 View Post
How about leasing? will the monthly payments be comparable to a 3 series?

UK i3 payments are in the same range as a UK 328i .

UK specs and prices are very different than US though. It will be easier to get a discount on a 3 series too.