Fortune magazine stacks up BMW's soon to be released i3 electric vehicle with the much lauded Tesla Model S. The BMW i3 is the first car released from BMW's new sub brand, BMW i, you can think of BMW i as an M Division for electric cars. The i3 comes with an aluminum frame that holds the batteries and motor and a carbon fiber passenger compartment that holds you and your friends. BMW boasts that the i3 is the worlds first mass produced carbon fiber vehicle and has invested more then 100 million into the technology.
This investment and the extensive R&D have paid off with the first driving reviews being extremely positive. Good news for the BMW i3 but can its driving dynamics trump Tesla's good looks and equally good driving reviews?
In the comparison article BMW and Tesla are stacked head to head in 8 categories -
- Range anxiety reduction
- Future products
First BMW i3 Test Drives
Telsa captures the win in 4 categories, BMW takes home two wins, and they tie in two. Read the complete article to see which categories go to each manufacture. Overall the break down shows how much of a lead Tesla has in the EV market. BMW is no slouch selling premium cars but can it complete against Tesla when it has brought an i3 to a EV fight?
Read the full article on CNN Money
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Logic 7 reprogram
- Deposit on 2013 335i Convertible - good deal?
- No telephone option on the screen
- Engine malfunction light after jb4 and e85
- Help on identifying my rims
- Acceleration throttle question
- For sale JB+ N54 $175
- 2007 320i from Japan to New Zealand - change the iDrive language and maps?
- Maybe there is such a thing as too much horsepower!
- E93 Convertible top - plastic bracket broken