Fortune magazine stacks up BMW's soon to be released i3 electric vehicle with the much lauded Tesla Model S. The BMW i3 is the first car released from BMW's new sub brand, BMW i, you can think of BMW i as an M Division for electric cars. The i3 comes with an aluminum frame that holds the batteries and motor and a carbon fiber passenger compartment that holds you and your friends. BMW boasts that the i3 is the worlds first mass produced carbon fiber vehicle and has invested more then 100 million into the technology.
This investment and the extensive R&D have paid off with the first driving reviews being extremely positive. Good news for the BMW i3 but can its driving dynamics trump Tesla's good looks and equally good driving reviews?
In the comparison article BMW and Tesla are stacked head to head in 8 categories -
- Range anxiety reduction
- Future products
First BMW i3 Test Drives
Telsa captures the win in 4 categories, BMW takes home two wins, and they tie in two. Read the complete article to see which categories go to each manufacture. Overall the break down shows how much of a lead Tesla has in the EV market. BMW is no slouch selling premium cars but can it complete against Tesla when it has brought an i3 to a EV fight?
Read the full article on CNN Money
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- SQUEAKING noise when off the brakes?
- Changed air filter. Now service engine soon is on.
- Can anyone tell me what these fault codes mean?
- Grills for sale
- Airbag recalls - buyer beware?
- Vrsf catback exhaust for sale
- Help... Need to find a front splitter
- Cluster going crazy help please
- Help, drivers side seat Bolster BROKEN
- 2008 328xi water pump and T-stat repair notes