A Closer Look at the Second Generation 7 Series, the E32.
The second generation of the BMW 7 Series (E32) was released in 1987. The idea was to create an elegant and dynamic vehicle for the business class. Hans Kerschbaum was involved in the development, first as a designer, later as head of aerodynamics. Many of his ideas are adopted, including the distinctive wide C-pillar or the rear side window with a raised edge for easy access into the interior. For the first time in BMW history, the typical L-shaped rear lights appeared at the BMW 7 Series. This was BMW's first step toward being a premium brand.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Squealing coming from front end area (belt/pulley?)
- Oil level: INACTIVE
- Squeaky wheel
- Anybody with a 160 thermostat..
- N52N CCV PCV Oil Separator questions
- e92 Airbag Recall
- Hello all
- Trucks and chuckleheads #flyinytiresarebad
- 2011 328i jerks when accelerating
- Changing wheel sizes in an 07 328 x coupe