A Closer Look at the Second Generation 7 Series, the E32.
The second generation of the BMW 7 Series (E32) was released in 1987. The idea was to create an elegant and dynamic vehicle for the business class. Hans Kerschbaum was involved in the development, first as a designer, later as head of aerodynamics. Many of his ideas are adopted, including the distinctive wide C-pillar or the rear side window with a raised edge for easy access into the interior. For the first time in BMW history, the typical L-shaped rear lights appeared at the BMW 7 Series. This was BMW's first step toward being a premium brand.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- License plate mounts
- How do I keep the stereo from shutting off?
- 2007 335xi codes - my turn!!! Help Help!!!
- My BMW saved my life.
- Buying a BMW 328i
- Indicator and Fog lights; Front windows (E90) 2010
- Front driver window can go down, but not up
- headlight issues
- Waste gate recall 335i
- New BMW Apps Available for Windows/Windows Phone