A Closer Look at the Second Generation 7 Series, the E32.
The second generation of the BMW 7 Series (E32) was released in 1987. The idea was to create an elegant and dynamic vehicle for the business class. Hans Kerschbaum was involved in the development, first as a designer, later as head of aerodynamics. Many of his ideas are adopted, including the distinctive wide C-pillar or the rear side window with a raised edge for easy access into the interior. For the first time in BMW history, the typical L-shaped rear lights appeared at the BMW 7 Series. This was BMW's first step toward being a premium brand.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Oil on ignition coil?
- Cig burn in leather. Ideas?
- Rear Right Turn Signal Problem (cost of dealer fix) worth it?
- Need opinion on a repair (quoted from dealer) Regarding Rear Tail Light
- I Can't Afford Good Booze Because I Own a BMW - Sputtering Issue While Driving
- Cabin air and engine air filter easy to install? - 2011 BMW 328xi
- Need some help deciding between 535xi or 328xi
- 335i struggling to pick up
- Interior Questions!
- 2010 335d fuel issue