Would you take your BMW to Burning Man?

by Bimmerfest.com Member - Rmart on September 4, 2013, 3:48 am
Take your BMW to Burning Man

I wouldn't.

Quote:
Burning Man is a week-long annual event held in the Black Rock Desert in northern Nevada. The event begins on the last Monday in August, and ends on the first Monday in September, which coincides with the American Labor Day holiday. It takes its name from the ritual burning of a large wooden effigy on Saturday evening. The event is described as an experiment in community, art, radical self-expression, and radical self-reliance.
Source - Wikipeida

BMW at Burning Man

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

10 responses to Would you take your BMW to Burning Man?

cmac2012 commented:
September 4, 2013, 5:26 am

I'd have to first be ready to take my body to Burning Man.
MMME30W commented:
September 4, 2013, 7:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
I'd have to first be ready to take my body to Burning Man.
^^^ This.
mb67 commented:
September 4, 2013, 9:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmart View Post
I wouldn't.

Attachment 395077

Attachment 395078

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
That should be against the law.
Dave 330i commented:
September 4, 2013, 10:36 am

It's only a car.
cwsqbm commented:
September 4, 2013, 12:12 pm

Cars get damaged every day, so to say Burning Man was a big risk to the car seemed extreme. The dirt will wash off, and the wrecked front bumper is more likely from driver error.

Burning Man itself doesn't sound like my kind of fun.
cmac2012 commented:
September 4, 2013, 3:03 pm

The two sons of a good old friend of mine go regularly. She tells me that the dust of dried lakes like that is especially bad to breathe. Microscopic razor blades. I used to go to the Rainbow Gatherings, well, went 3 times to the national event - '81,'82, and '92 - so I can understand the appeal but I like the flavor the Rainbow Gatherings, warts and all, better than Burning Man.
Sportsdad commented:
September 4, 2013, 3:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
The two sons of a good old friend of mine go regularly. She tells me that the dust of dried lakes like that is especially bad to breathe. Microscopic razor blades. I used to go to the Rainbow Gatherings, well, went 3 times to the national event - '81,'82, and '92 - so I can understand the appeal but I like the flavor the Rainbow Gatherings, warts and all, better than Burning Man.
In memory of Mike325xi, "Not that there is anything WRONG with that..."

That said, my buddy and his girlfriend went (he's an old fart like me) He posted some pics on FB including their Banana vehicle they made and towed down there from WA state.

He told his girlfriend "Thanks for the Burn, hon!" and I said "Oh my, you may want to see a doctor!"
I don't think his girlfriend likes me anymore.
Racer-X / 6'er commented:
September 4, 2013, 3:47 pm

Not only no, but really NO! I'll take yours though! :-)
///Mariani commented:
September 5, 2013, 1:10 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 330i View Post
It's only a car.
Ive never really understood that. Sure its a replaceable object, but why not take care of it? Not sure about you, but I cant go around affording too many more BMW's, in fact, no more BMW's. Plus, I dont want a replacement, or to have to keep repainting because of neglect, I want MY BMW. The one I have now. As close to the same condition as when I bought it. Thats just me. But the answer, NO. Not if my car would have to go through that.
rmjames007 commented:
September 6, 2013, 11:36 am

No