4 Series with M Performance Parts

by Tim Jones on September 11, 2013, 10:37 am
BMW F32 4 series M performance parts

At the Frankfurt Auto Show BMW showed off a F32 435i coupe decked out with with M Performance Parts. BMW has heavily embraced the carbon fiber look offering carbon fiber treatment for almost every bit of the car. The front splitter (in carbon fiber, of course) looks to be semi functional adding down force to the front end. The rear carbon fiber spoiler is functional as well and adds nice contrast on the white. I love the way the wheels are body color matched on the spokes and the M Performance brakes pop nicely.

Overall I think the M Performance Parts brings out the aggressive styling of the F32 4 series couple. What do you think?

bmw-f32-4-series-m-performance 1bmw-f32-4-series-m-performance 2bmw-f32-4-series-m-performance 3bmw-f32-4-series-m-performance 4bmw-f32-4-series-m-performance 5bmw-f32-4-series-m-performance 6bmw-f32-4-series-m-performance 7bmw-f32-4-series-m-performance 8bmw-f32-4-series-m-performance 9bmw-f32-4-series-m-performance 10bmw-f32-4-series-m-performance 11bmw-f32-4-series-m-performance 12

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

15 responses to 4 Series with M Performance Parts

Snareman commented:
September 11, 2013, 11:22 am

I agree - it makes the car look more aggressive. I already have plans for the black grills and mirrors and am debating on what else to get I don't like that stripe at all. I love the wheels, but the 20's probably aren't very practical on an every day driver.

Here's a few better pics of it:

BMW 4 series M performance parts

av98 commented:
September 11, 2013, 12:24 pm

Why do we point out the useless cosmetic stuff when these M performance parts are introduced?

The most important part introduction here is the LSD! The last time an LSD option was offered to the non-M model 3/4 series line was the E30; HOW COME WE DON'T POINT THIS MOST IMPORTANT UPGRADE OUT?

Sad how we've boiled down to cosmetic upgrades as being more important than parts that make the car a better dynamic driver.
tim330i commented:
September 11, 2013, 12:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by av98 View Post
Why do we point out the useless cosmetic stuff when these M performance parts are introduced?

The most important part introduction here is the LSD! The last time an LSD option was offered to the non-M model 3/4 series line was the E30; HOW COME WE DON'T POINT THIS MOST IMPORTANT UPGRADE OUT?

Sad how we've boiled down to cosmetic upgrades as being more important than parts that make the car a better dynamic driver.
A picture of a LSD isn't that exciting Once BMW gets a 4 series with an LSD we will be posting a review. Just to warn everyone that is about a year out.

Tim
av98 commented:
September 11, 2013, 12:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
A picture of a LSD isn't that exciting Once BMW gets a 4 series with an LSD we will be posting a review. Just to warn everyone that is about a year out.

Tim
Thanks for the heads up Tim!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Dr. 328xi commented:
September 11, 2013, 12:47 pm

Quote:
Hence the M-sport Line...?
Dr. 328xi commented:
September 11, 2013, 12:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
It's rare that striping or decals or extra badging appeal to me...but it's impossible to deny the appeal of the ///M triple stripe!

Ermagerd commented:
September 11, 2013, 2:47 pm

Quote:

Forget that, look at that carbon trim!!!!!!!!!!!
beden1 commented:
September 11, 2013, 3:00 pm

I'm not sure I like these add-ons with a white car. Black or Estoril Blue would be good and possibly Silver?
Snareman commented:
September 11, 2013, 3:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermagerd View Post
Forget that, look at that carbon trim!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you mean you like it or don't?
bumbledeex commented:
September 11, 2013, 5:18 pm

Im loving the add-ons im considering the carbon fiber splitter for mine. Im hoping it will look just as good on estoril blue.
Jamesonsviggen commented:
September 11, 2013, 5:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. 328xi View Post
I like my euro brake pads, weighted shift knob, staggered wheels, and the worlds better steering wheel thank you very much The steering wheel alone is worth the extra $1000 over a Sport.
av98 commented:
September 11, 2013, 7:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. 328xi View Post
Better brake pads, thicker sway bars and lowering springs (1/2' lower) are your only upgrades over a Sport line with the M Sport.

vs

M performance parts:
  1. LSD= improves handling, equivalent to an M3 RWD
  2. M performance brakes= 4 piston front, 2 piston rear, x-drilled & slotted larger diameter rotors, similar compound to M Sport brake pads- decreases stopping distances more than any other package out there.
  3. M performance suspension= 1/2-3/4" lower spring + shocks/struts- decreases your center of gravity, improves damping & rebound via the stiffer valving, decreases float and improves road feel & response.
  4. M performance PPK= more HP & torque for faster performance with 0-60, 1/4 mile, acceleration.

Now tell me a package that BMW sells which offers the same upgrades the M performance parts offer again?

M Sport is a starting requirement for an F30 before the addition of the M performance parts which gets you as close to the old 3 series BMWs.

Now the only thing they haven't addressed is this tricky little Electronic Steering Unit. When is the updated SW algorithm going to come out.
Jamesonsviggen commented:
September 11, 2013, 8:50 pm

Quote:
Better brake pads, thicker sway bars and lowering springs (1/2' lower) are your only upgrades over a Sport line with the M Sport.
RWD Sport and M Sport have identical 704 suspension.
Kaxon commented:
September 12, 2013, 3:32 am

Is there any indication of pricing yet? I may be interested in a few of those options.
glennQNYC commented:
September 12, 2013, 8:27 am

I'd guessing the LSD upgrade would have zero effect on handling. Some might even argue it would have a slight negative effect, with the open differential letting a car rotate easier. The advantage of a LSD is an increased ability to put power down.

BTW... Sport Automatic tranny M Sports have an dedicated trans cooler the Sport line doesn't.