BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Photo Realistic Rendering

by Tim Jones on September 17, 2013, 2:50 pm
BMW 2 series gran coupe

Based on the 2 Series Coupe we've spied in production sheet metal Theophilus Chin has put together this photo realistic rendering of what the 2 series Gran Coupe might look like. It shares the same front end as the M235i but two extra doors are added and the roof line stretched to make this a 2+2 coupe. If you haven't been following along this is the same trick BMW used when making the 6 Series Gran Coupe and soon to be released 4 Series Gran Coupe.

We have not spied any test mules 2 Series Gran Coupes but BMW is pushing into every segment. It make sense for them to have an Audi A3 and Mercedes CLA competitor at the dealership for prospected shoppers.

The 2 Series coupe goes into production in November and will be on sale in early 2014. BMW is probably waiting to see how sales of the 2 series coupe go before green lighting a Gran Coupe. Stay tuned, as soon as they start testing we will bring you real life pictures.

Amazing rendering by Theophilus Chin
BMW-M235i-Revealed 1BMW-M235i-Revealed 2BMW-M235i-Revealed 3BMW-M235i-Revealed 4BMW-M235i-Revealed 5BMW-M235i-Revealed 6


Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.










21 responses to BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Photo Realistic Rendering

3ismagic# commented:
October 23, 2013, 6:49 pm

I would buy that.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
mrbelk commented:
October 24, 2013, 10:18 am

Me too. I can only hope it's available for a Spring 2016 Euro Delivery. Takes me back to my E46 sedan. Good times...

-MrB
DUH CAR commented:
October 24, 2013, 6:21 pm

So, would this be like an F24 or F25?
Chris90 commented:
October 28, 2013, 7:20 pm

New rendering. Sweet!

PK2348 commented:
October 28, 2013, 9:02 pm

it pisses me off that we can't buy 5 door variant in US
mrbelk commented:
October 29, 2013, 9:21 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
New rendering. Sweet!

That profile looks incredible. I really hope that BMW decides to green-light that. An M235iGC would be amazing.

-MrB
charlesberry commented:
October 29, 2013, 9:31 am

I'll replace my E46 with this if they build it.
IndyMike commented:
January 30, 2014, 8:50 pm

According to this article the 2GC is possibly off again.

So they apparently are willing to cede the field to Audi & Merc without even offering a challenge.

With a 2 year head start both brands have a clear advantage having defined and filled a niche, and 2GC would surely steal sales from its bread and butter 3 series.

Of course, I suppose there's always the Active Tourer.............aka...........the answer to the question that nobody was asking.
BentZero commented:
January 31, 2014, 10:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
According to this article the 2GC is possibly off again.

So they apparently are willing to cede the field to Audi & Merc without even offering a challenge.

With a 2 year head start both brands have a clear advantage having defined and filled a niche, and 2GC would surely steal sales from its bread and butter 3 series.

Of course, I suppose there's always the Active Tourer.............aka...........the answer to the question that nobody was asking.
I get that they don't want to cannibalize sales, but by not building a new 1 series or a 2GT they're going to basically lose sales. I wonder if the fact that the 320 exists here in the states is also driving the decision to not build a 2GT. Could they be trying to position that as the CLA and A3 fighter?
Chris90 commented:
February 1, 2014, 3:04 am

Could be just this board member's opinion, rather than policy.
SilverX3 commented:
February 1, 2014, 4:10 pm

really good looking axss... looks better than JLO's axss

mecodoug commented:
February 1, 2014, 9:33 pm

I'm confused. Wouldn't this be a 1er?
IndyMike commented:
February 2, 2014, 1:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverX3 View Post
really good looking axss... looks better than JLO's axss

LOL. Baby 1er's got back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
I get that they don't want to cannibalize sales, but by not building a new 1 series or a 2GT they're going to basically lose sales. I wonder if the fact that the 320 exists here in the states is also driving the decision to not build a 2GT. Could they be trying to position that as the CLA and A3 fighter?
I think their short-term slant is probably to pit the 320 against the A3 and CLA, and long-term the future 1/2 series variant.

The problem with the former is that it's bigger than some people want, and the latter the FWD nature of the platform.

A RWD 2GC would set BMW apart from the other two brands.

It's just a bit disconcerting that instead of being the trend setter that BMW used to be, it's now devolved into being a copycat and imitator of the competition.
SilverX3 commented:
February 2, 2014, 11:55 pm

another gran coupe

when will they stop making instant noodle cars

the joke is over BMW... stop it
Alwozhere commented:
February 3, 2014, 12:03 am

They're going to end up making the 2 GC eventually, you just know it. Why they choose to wait and miss this micro-sedan popularity wave however is a mystery to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using BimmerApp mobile app
Chris90 commented:
February 3, 2014, 9:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwozhere View Post
They're going to end up making the 2 GC eventually, you just know it. Why they choose to wait and miss this micro-sedan popularity wave however is a mystery to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using BimmerApp mobile app
They're probably going to deny its existence until it's close to production. They have 4 series Gran Coupes to sell.
hyperzulu commented:
February 3, 2014, 11:08 pm

I think the M235i could be in my future, but if that second render were available, I would get it...and I don't even really care for a sedan.
tturedraider commented:
February 4, 2014, 7:40 pm

After seeing the new A3 sedan at the NAIAS in Detroit my thought is if BMW doesn't produce a four door 1er or 2er for the U.S. market they are going to get clobbered by the A3. I like the A3 so much it tempts even me. But, a 2er Gran Coupe would absolutely kill.
thumper_330 commented:
February 5, 2014, 11:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
After seeing the new A3 sedan at the NAIAS in Detroit my thought is if BMW doesn't produce a four door 1er or 2er for the U.S. market they are going to get clobbered by the A3. I like the A3 so much it tempts even me. But, a 2er Gran Coupe would absolutely kill.
Yup... completely concur. I saw the A3 in person as well and it's a really nice little car. Very impressive, though obviously the proof will be in the driving. Having said that, modern Audis already handle really well; my girlfriend's older A4 (2010) is such a lovely driving car that we tend to do our long road trips in it. Doesn't hurt that it gets better gas mileage than my M3

Going to look very seriously at the A3 in a couple of years... or maybe the S3
RBP3 commented:
February 9, 2014, 7:48 pm

I love my 135 vert. I would not want a coupe...if you're going to be impractical with only 2 doors, why not have a convertible??

However, looking at the 2GC rendering I'd love one of those. We're considering a 3 series as our daily driver, but if I knew BMW was going to offer the GC version of the new 2 I'd hold out till it's available.

My wife is leaning toward Audi and the new A3 is definitely worth looking at. I'm a BMW guy, but if BMW doesn't offer something to compete with the A3 I may be forced to the dark side.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
ryanjmliao commented:
February 14, 2014, 8:06 am

It will come


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app