Based on the 2 Series Coupe we've spied in production sheet metal Theophilus Chin has put together this photo realistic rendering of what the 2 series Gran Coupe might look like. It shares the same front end as the M235i but two extra doors are added and the roof line stretched to make this a 2+2 coupe. If you haven't been following along this is the same trick BMW used when making the 6 Series Gran Coupe and soon to be released 4 Series Gran Coupe.
We have not spied any test mules 2 Series Gran Coupes but BMW is pushing into every segment. It make sense for them to have an Audi A3 and Mercedes CLA competitor at the dealership for prospected shoppers.
The 2 Series coupe goes into production in November and will be on sale in early 2014. BMW is probably waiting to see how sales of the 2 series coupe go before green lighting a Gran Coupe. Stay tuned, as soon as they start testing we will bring you real life pictures.
Amazing rendering by Theophilus Chin
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Which 2011 Coupe to Buy - 328 or 335 ???
- Transmission shifting hard when car is warmed up
- Faulty speedo, fuel gauge plus more
- Fitting LCI headlights to pre-LCI 328xi
- 2007 e93 update angel eyes with LED
- Windshield wipers alignment
- Which engine is more reliable?
- Lavish Motoring E90 328i TiAG
- Lavish Motoring TiAG E90
- 2012 E92 328i xdrive coupe headlights - help replacing