Baby Bentley To Take On The M6 Gran Coupe
Bentley is plotting to take on BMW's M6 Gran Coupe with a four-door equivalent of their own, a baby Bentley so to speak, for 2018. This came after a meeting to discuss expanding the future Bentley range and what platform it will be built on.
This new model will be similar to the Continental GT in size and billed as a sporty and dynamic model. The platform chosen for the new Bentley, is a creation from Porsche, that will be used in it's 2015 Panamera 2. Porsche's platform was chosen because of its light weight and it's versatility. A number of power plant options can be used with this setup, from four cylinder to their mighty W12, along with a more sophisticated AWD arrangement. This platform could also support other Bentleys in the lineup.
The Baby Bentley could potentially sport V6 and diesel power plants. Price is expected to run in the range of $170k-$200k, if my translation is correct. In that range it's quite a bit more than the M6 Gran Coupe. With the Gran Coupes looks and performance, I think Bentley has their work cut out for them, don't you?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Need assistance with radio issue
- Auto bmw mechanic
- Bmw overheating and Lou d fan noise, no air from AC vent.
- Coding angel eyes to always on, delete corner marker. Flashing angel eyes on start up
- Hose diameters
- HELP! Issues with 2005 320i e90
- Hot Restart issues ? 2012 E93
- what level should my power sterring fluid be at when hot?
- New owner!
- Coding help please........