Retail US pricing increases announced: As much as $2000

by Tim Jones on September 30, 2013, 5:07 pm
BMW announced inflationary price increase for some Model Year (MY) 2013 and 2014 vehicles, effective October 1, 2013. The Destination and Handling fee for all models is $925 and is included in the following list for current and new prices.



There are no price changes for the 2014 BMW 3 Series Diesel Sedan, 3 Series Sports Wagon, 3 Series Gran Turismo, 4 Series Coupe, 5 Series Sedan (excl. M5), 7 Series, or X5 Sports Activity Vehicle.



Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.










14 responses to Retail US pricing increases announced: As much as $2000

Kamdog commented:
September 30, 2013, 5:43 pm

It is not 'inflationary' pricing, it is seeing what the market can bear. They must think their sales are much stronger than anticipated.
mrjoed2 commented:
September 30, 2013, 7:16 pm

The $2000 on the M cars is really surprising - they must be moving well. On the other hand no increase on the 5/7 series must mean their not.
mwm1166 commented:
September 30, 2013, 7:49 pm

Or it could be that the dollar has lost 5% of its value against the Euro in the past 90 days. So, this isn't an increase as much as just rebalancing the price in US dollars to the new value of the Euro...
mrjoed2 commented:
September 30, 2013, 8:30 pm

Then why have they done the same price increases every year "like clockwork" as Jon Shafer reported?
mwm1166 commented:
September 30, 2013, 8:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Then why have they done the same price increases every year "like clockwork" as Jon Shafer reported?
I did say, it could be, but if it's that regular, then it might just be adjusting price to demand.
mrjoed2 commented:
September 30, 2013, 10:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm1166 View Post
I did say, it could be, but if it's that regular, then it might just be adjusting price to demand.
Or just a annual price increase............
the J-Man commented:
September 30, 2013, 11:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm1166 View Post
Or it could be that the dollar has lost 5% of its value against the Euro in the past 90 days. So, this isn't an increase as much as just rebalancing the price in US dollars to the new value of the Euro...
BMW does not adjust prices based on what the Euro is doing over the past 90 days. They are hedged against currency fluctuations much farther out than that.
the J-Man commented:
September 30, 2013, 11:25 pm

I'll say the price increases seem reasonable except for the Z4. A $1000 bump on an already overpriced (by BMW standards) model.
MrZip commented:
October 4, 2013, 7:09 am

The Z4 is way overpriced. Comparaing the base pricing the Nissan 370Z is 44,170, the Porsche Boxster 50,400 and the mercedes SLK 43,525. BMW has ruined the sales potential of the Z4 w/the high price.
vercetti0 commented:
October 4, 2013, 9:06 am

I think I read that they are intentionally raising the price on the z4 because they want to introduce a z2.
mclaren commented:
October 4, 2013, 10:29 am

My 2013 M-sport 650i coupe was $85,500 without the options, now a '14 is $87,625, an increase of $2,125 yoy. It's true that the 2014 M-sport has options included that cost extra in 2013.
bayoucity commented:
October 4, 2013, 9:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZip View Post
The Z4 is way overpriced. Comparaing the base pricing the Nissan 370Z is 44,170, the Porsche Boxster 50,400 and the mercedes SLK 43,525. BMW has ruined the sales potential of the Z4 w/the high price.
However z4 is still way cheaper to lease than Boxster or SLK. Boxster is mainly catered to buyers.
need4speed commented:
October 6, 2013, 11:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoucity View Post
However z4 is still way cheaper to lease than Boxster or SLK. Boxster is mainly catered to buyers.
This may be true, I don't know. I would buy so when I looked at the Boxster S I could build MSRP to MSRP, I had to laugh at BMW's prices. I'm not in the market for a 2 seater right now (children) but if I were I wouldn't give it a second thought Boxster S all the way. N4S
BMW Dreams commented:
October 13, 2013, 12:45 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm1166 View Post
Or it could be that the dollar has lost 5% of its value against the Euro in the past 90 days. So, this isn't an increase as much as just rebalancing the price in US dollars to the new value of the Euro...
using that logic i would imagine daily pricing adjustments :