10 Interesting Features of the 4 Series Convertible
The 4 Series has quite a few interesting features that make it special, not just your average convertible, but the newest top-down Ultimate Driving Machine.
Here are 10 interesting features about the 4 Series Convertible.
- New electrically adjustable seats, with integrated retractable seat belts.
- Both standard and optional sport seats can be equipped with neck warmers, with 3 temperature settings, for drive and front passenger (as part of the Cold Weather Package)
- When the top is down, the temperature setting is automatically controlled in relation to the outdoor temp and speed of the vehicle.
- Interior noise level has been reduced by up to 2db over the previous model, due to a sound-absorbing headliner.
- Top lowers in a mere 20 seconds and can also be lowered at speeds up to 11 mph.
- More trunk room and wider access to the luggage compartment with electro-hydraulic loading assistance system which raises and positions the folded top in the trunk to ensure maximum utilization of the 7.8 cu.ft.(220 liter) of storage space. When the top is up, 13 cu.ft.(370 liters) of space is available. .7 cu.ft (20 liters) more than the 3 Series Convertible.
- Roll bars behind the rear seats that extend in less than 200ms in critical situations
- Changes to the handling to suit the convertible: The springs and damping have been set up precisely for the convertible. Fine tuning of camber angle and roll center, as well as strengthening in the front undercarriage to enhance steering precision and feedback.
- Torsional rigidity has been increased by 40% compared to it's predecessor. It's also 44 lbs. lighter, depending on the model, even though the vehicle is larger.
- The 428i convertible can also be configured with xDrive intelligent all wheel drive.
What else do you find interesting about the 4 Series Convertible?
Read all about the new 4 Series Convertible here.
Check out the 4 Series Convertible photo gallery here.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Car won't unlock or start - please help?!
- I Need a Jb4 installer in Southern California
- Help! Loud Clunking coming from front differential
- 335i production numbers
- radiator hose 2006 325i
- Rear main seal
- aFe SI idle rpm bounce
- 07 328I mass airflow sensor
- 07 328xi suspension
- Any performance upgrades for the 328i?