We have three fresh videos of the 2 Series in action. A typical high speed, high action, fast cutting film to get you excited about the 2 series. Then we get a demonstration of just how good the M235i handling is. Finally in a somewhat surprising video BMW shows us how to use the launch control on the M235i. BMW is making an big and obvious push to position this as their edgy sports car. Does it work for you?
The BMW 2 series arrives in the US in the first quarter of 2014 as the 228i and the M235i. The BMW M235i, the first M Performance Automobile offered in the US, includes an impressive list of performance enhancing features. This successor to the successful 1 Series Coupe will continue the decades-long tradition of premium sub-compact coupes with impeccable driving dynamics when it makes its world debut at the North American International Auto Show in January 2014. The 2014 BMW 2 Series Coupe will be offered at a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $33,025 for the 228i and $44,025 for the M235i, including $925 destination and handling.
Official details and specs of the F22 BMW 2 Series coupe
BMW M235i Highlights
- MSRP of $44,025 including $925 destination and handling
- 322 horspower, 332 lb-ft of torque
- M Performance TwinPower Turbo 3.0-liter inline 6-cylinder engine
- 0 - 60 in 4.8 seconds
- BMW M Performance limited slip differential available as an accessory
- Exclusive sports car interior for maximum driving pleasure
- M-specific chassis tuning which, for the US will include standard M Adaptive suspension, M Sport Braking system, variable sport steering and Michelin Pilot Super Sports tires. Even the exhaust has been specifically tuned for the M235i.
- It is light weight - Leaked information shows a unladen (cerb weight in the US) of 3208lbs
- Preliminary EPA Mileage Estimates (mpg) – 22 city/32 highway/25 combined for the 8-speed sport automatic. 19 city/28 highway/22 combined for the 6-speed manual.
BMW 228i Highlights
- MSRP of $33,025 including $925 destination and handling
- 240 horsepower, 258 lb-ft of torque
- TwinPower Turbo 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine
- 0 - 60 in 5.4 seconds
- BMW Sport Line and M Sport Package is Available
- Preliminary EPA Mileage Estimates (mpg) – 23 city/35 highway/27 combined for the 8-speed sport automatic. 22 city/34 highway/26 combined for the 6-speed manual.
Read more about the all new 2014 F22 BMW 2 Series coupe
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- 335is dct paddle upgrade?
- Sirius module
- Best turbo upgrade for n54?
- Recommendations for e90 bike rack?
- My new bimmer!
- 2006 330xi engine making a ticking sound
- Helppp!! 2006 325xi - Coolant keeps coming out from cap and car keeps over heatin
- 2009 E93 M3 - Dashboard lights / instrument panel not working
- Cracked head BMW 320i - worth?
- Oil in spark plug chambers