Mercedes-Benz says it will snatch US luxury sales crown away from BMW for 2013
Mercedes-Benz may take the crown for US luxury sales for the year after all.
Steve Cannon, CEO of Mercedes-Benz USA, said that Mercedes will have a great year, and he is confident that they will be able to take the US luxury sales crown from BMW this year. Mercedes led BMW before December 2012 by around 1,800 units, but BMW still managed to outsell them by over 9,000 units when December came around. This gave BMW the luxury crown for 2012 and also made it 2 years in a row for them. 2013 is playing out in a similar way, with Mercedes holding on to the lead through September of less than 3,000 units.
Cannon doesn't seem to be too worried though. Mercedes is confident that they will be able to maintain their current lead. This is thanks to expected sales from the redesigned S-Class sedan and their new CLA compact sedan, which was recently released.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- HELP! Overheating issue lead to VCG failure, after fixing VCG now new problems!
- N55 AR 4" catless downpipe fitment issue! PLEASE HELP
- Universal lip kit
- Great prices on parts at Roadshow BMW
- Transmission and differential fluid
- Help! Expected maintenance costs for 2008 328i 85,000 miles?
- FS: all weather mats / trunk liner / key case
- 2006 325xi base model
- Adaptive Headlight Problem diagnosing question