2014 BMW M3 & M4 US ordering guide leaked

by Tim Jones on October 29, 2013, 2:51 pm
2014 F80 M3 fully exposed

Spied: 2014 F80 M3 fully exposed

This leaked ordering guide for the 2014 F80 M3 and 2014 F82 M4 give us a fresh idea of how we'll be able to option up our M3 sedans and M4 coupes when they go on sale mid-2014. The options are more or less as expected but check out the two new colors, Austin Yellow Metallic and Yas Marina Blue Metallic (shown above)! Interestingly enough BMW is only offering one non-metallic color, Alpine White.

The M3 and M4 will debut at the Detroit Auto show in January 2014 with an on sale date as soon as March 2014.

leaked 2014 F80 M3 ordering guide

Stay tuned for more information on the F80 M3 and F82 M4!

Standard or 100% Options
  • 2PN - 18" Light Alloy Wheel V-Spoke Style
  • 4MC - Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
  • 609 - Navigation system
  • 459 - Power Seats
  • 494 - Heated Front Seats
  • ZMT - Manual Transmission

Exterior Colors
  • 300 – Alpine White
  • B39 – Mineral Grey Metallic
  • 475 – Black Sapphire Metallic
  • B50 – Sakhir Orange Metallic
  • A29 – Silverstone Metallic
  • B67 – Austin Yellow Metallic
  • A96 – Mineral White Metallic
  • B68 – Yas Marina Blue Metallic

Interior
  • CSAT – Cloth/Leather combination Carbonstructure Anthracite/Black
  • X3A9 – Silverstone Full Merino Leather
  • LKA9 – Silverstone Extended Merino Leather
  • X3DA – Sakhir Orange/Black Full Merino Leather
  • LKDA – Sakhir Orange/Black Extended Merino Leather
  • X3JR – Sonoma Beige Full Merino Leather
  • LKJR – Sonoma Beige Extended Merino Leather
  • X3SW – Black Full Merino Leather
  • LKSW – Black Extended Merino Leather

ZDB – Driver Assistance Plus
  • 5AG – Active Blind Spot Detection
  • 5AS – Lane Departure Warning w/Collision Mitigation
  • 5DL – Side and Top View Cameras
  • 8TH – Speed Limit Info

ZEC – Executive Package
  • 248 – Heated Steering Wheel
  • 322 – Comfort Access keyless entry
  • 3AG – Rear-view camera
  • 494 – Heated Front Seats
  • 502 – Retractable headlight washers
  • 508 – Park Distance Control
  • 610 – Head-up Display
  • 655 – Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
  • LK – Extended Merino Leather
  • or X3 – Full Merino Leather

ZLP – Lighting Package
  • 552 – Full LED Lights
  • 5AC – Automatic high beams

Options
  • 2MK – M Double-clutch Transmission with Drivelogic
  • 2NK – M Carbon Ceramic Brakes
  • 2VF – Adaptive M Suspension
  • 2VY -19" Light Alloy Wheel Double-Spoke Style 437 M with mixed performance tires
  • 2VZ – 19" Black Light-Alloy Wheel Double-Spoke Style 437 M with mixed performance tires
  • 403 – Moonroof (will delete the carbon fiber roof)
  • 5DP – Parking Assistant
  • 415 – Power rear sunshade
  • 688 – Harman Kardon surround sound system
  • 4CE – Anthracite Wood Trim
  • 6AN – Concierge Services
  • 4LY – Aluminum Blade Interior Trim
  • 6NS – Enhanced USB & Bluetooth plus
  • 5AC – Automatic high beams Smartphone Integration
  • 5DL – Side and Top View Cameras

Notes
  • 2NK requires ordering 2VY or 2VZ
  • 4MC will add 4LX to the order
  • CSAT cannot be ordered with ZEC
  • 4CE will add 4DM to the order
  • 5DL requires ordering ZEC
  • ZDB requires ordering ZEC
  • 4LY will add 4LX to the order
  • 5DP requires ordering ZEC
  • ZLP will delete STD or 100% equipment 522 & 524

Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.

12 responses to 2014 BMW M3 & M4 US ordering guide leaked

namelessman commented:
October 29, 2013, 3:02 pm

No jet black?
tim330i commented:
October 29, 2013, 3:10 pm

We have pictures of the 2014 M3 in Yas Marina Blue Metallic! - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=732293
Capobranco commented:
October 29, 2013, 4:07 pm

I find the four door M3 with CF roof especially fetching....

Genuine Carbon Fiber interior trim????? - I hope so!

Genuine Merino leather! - very nice.

Carbon Ceramic brake option nice but I bet $$$$

Adaptive M Suspension - adjustable suspension now an option? Flexibility of current e92 M is one of the car's most compelling features.

Looks like the new M might get very pricey - very quickly but given lighter weight and increased HP/torque, hopefully all variants will be exciting.
Technic commented:
October 29, 2013, 4:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
Adaptive M Suspension - adjustable suspension now an option? Flexibility of current e92 M is one of the car's most compelling features.
That's EDC in the "old" E9x M3. The "new" name now aligns with the rest of the line up
nhman commented:
October 29, 2013, 5:47 pm

Quote:
Genuine Carbon Fiber interior trim????? - I hope so!
+1

Quote:

Carbon Ceramic brake option nice but I bet $$$$
My guess between $7-8k USD. If so, not for me.

Quote:
Agree. Though it was an option on the E9x. Whether standalone or in the ZCP.

Quote:
Looks like the new M might get very pricey - very quickly but given lighter weight and increased HP/torque, hopefully all variants will be exciting.
My guess is a base price of $65k (F80) ranging up to $90k with all options. I'll need to see and drive it before making the switch from my "old-school" E92. Even then I would wait until the ZCP is available prices come down from MSRP (or higher).
Jugghaid commented:
October 29, 2013, 6:59 pm

Something about that Austin Yellow is bad ass. It makes me all tingly.
Kaxon commented:
October 29, 2013, 8:32 pm

When you say on sale date as soon as March, is that confirmed? In the past it sounded like it wouldn't be available until June/July at the earliest.

Edit: Also, any idea when we'll see pricing info? Will that be January with the Detroit Auto Show?
HokieXDriver commented:
October 30, 2013, 12:11 am

Interesting - no Technology Package. You have to put the pieces together yourself.

Still, everything is there, limited only by one's wallet or credit line.
Kaxon commented:
October 30, 2013, 4:55 am

After thinking about it more, I'm kinda disappointed with the color selection, so I hope this isn't the complete set. IMHO yas marina blue is pretty ugly, I can't imagine driving it. The yellow looks cool, but I think it's a little too extreme for me. They should have a darker blue and a red. Sakhir Orange is no substitute for a red, which is what I really want. I guess if I were choosing from these colors I would probably have to go with sapphire black, with a SO interior to add some color.

Everything else about the car sounds great, and is making me seriously rethink my 435 order, especially if these are going to be out in March. I knew the M4 would be sexy, but part of the reason I ordered a 435 was that I thought it would be a year before the M4 was available. Now I've already waited almost 3 months without getting my car, and it seems like the M4 may be out sooner than I expected.
Technic commented:
October 30, 2013, 5:20 am

This ordering guide only applies to the dealer launch orders. Not necessarily the customer cars' ordering guide.
Kurt_OH commented:
November 3, 2013, 2:16 pm

Until it's proven that the new M3 won't suffer like the new M5/M6 with terrible lag ( http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...5/viewall.html , http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...5_first_drive/ , http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...w-of-the-F10M5 ) during routine driving, and that it will have no appreciable lag during track driving, I'm not interested in giving up my S65 even though I fully expect the F80/82 to be faster. I know they claim a short burst free spin mode for the turbos, but that just tells me the lag is going to be a MESS when that feature isn't active, which is to say almost every minute the car is NOT on the track. I wonder how well it'll work on the track ...

I'd certainly miss the exotic note of > 8000 RPM as well. The new M5/M6 sounds OK, but quite ordinary. That same sound could come from a Challenger or a pickup truck; not many of those running 8400rpm ...

As for the carbon brakes, my local dealer reports they'll be a $7500 option. They're a complete waste of money unless you plan to track the car, and in fact are a money pit unless the car is intended for a LOT of heavy duty track use. I doubt I could pony up for them, for my few track weekends/year. But I like that it's available.

Carbon roof on Sedan is a nice addition, as is the claimed weight loss.
dalekressin commented:
November 24, 2013, 12:21 am

I'd consider ED for an M3 when those allocations are available.