2014 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe Order Guide LEAKED

by Tim Jones on November 1, 2013, 1:55 pm
BMW 4 series gran coupe order guide

The 2014 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe is closer then you might think. We got this leaked copy of the US dealer ordering guide for the demo cars. We expect demo 4 series Gran Coupes to start hitting dealership in April of 2014.

If you're wondering just how different the 4 Series Gran Coupe will look from the 3 Series Sedan take a look here

2014 435i 4 Series Gran Coupe Ordering Guide

Exterior Colors
  • 300 – Alpine White
  • 668 – Jet Black
  • 416 – Carbon Black Metallic
  • 475 – Black Sapphire Metallic
  • 481 – Kalahari Beige Metallic
  • A75 – Melbourne Red Metallic
  • A83 – Glacier Silver Metallic
  • A96 – Mineral White Metallic
  • B38 – Mineral Blue Metallic
  • B39 – Mineral Grey Metallic
  • B45 – Estoril Blue
  • B53 – Sparkling Brown Metallic
  • B65 – Jatoba Metallic

Interior Options
  • KCDF – Venetian Beige Leatherette (ZMM)
  • KCL3 – Black Leatherette / Red Highlight (ZSL)
  • KCSW – Black Leatherette (ZMM)
  • LCDF – Venetian Beige Dakota Leather (ZMM)
  • LCEW – Ivory White and Black Dakota Leather (ZLL & ZMM)
  • LCL3 – Leather Dakota Black / Red Highlight (ZSL)
  • LCL5 – Leather Dakota Coral Red / Black Highlight (ZMM & ZSL)
  • LCLX – Leather Dakota Saddle Brown excluding stitching (ZLL)
  • LCLY – Leather Dakota Venetian Beige excluding stitching (ZLL)
  • LCLZ – Leather Dakota Black excluding stitching (ZSL)
  • LCSW – Black Dakota Leather (ZMM)

Packages

Cold Weather Package (ZCW)
  • 248 – Heated Steering Wheel
  • 494 – Heated front seats
  • 496 – Heated rear seats
  • 502 – Retractable headlight washers

Driver Assistance Package (ZDA)
  • 3AG – Rear view camera
  • 508 – Park Distance Control

Driver Assistance Plus (ZDB)
  • 5AG – Active Blind Spot Detection
  • 5AS – Active Driving Assistant
  • 5DL – Side and Top View Cameras
  • 8TH – Speed Limit Info

Dynamic Handling Package (ZDH)
  • 2VF – Adaptive M Suspension
  • 2VL – Variable sport steering

Lighting Package (ZLP)
  • 552 – Adaptive Full LED Lights
  • 5AC – Automatic high beams

Premium Package (ZPP)
  • 322 – Comfort Access keyless entry
  • 488 – Lumbar support
  • 655 – Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
  • LC - Leather Dakota

Technology Package (ZTP)
  • 609 – Navigation system
  • 610 – Head-up Display
  • 6AK – BMW Online & BMW Apps
  • 6AM – Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information
  • 6AP – Remove Services
  • 6WA – Instrument cluster with extended contents

Options
  • 2NH – M Sport Brakes
  • 494 – Heated front seats
  • 4AD – Brushed Aluminum trim
  • 5AC – Automatic high beams
  • 6DF – Active Cruise Control
  • 5DL - Side and Top View Cameras
  • 5DP – Parking Assistant
  • 609 – Navigation system
  • 688 – Harman Kardon surround sound system
  • 6AN – Concierge Services
  • 6NS – Enhanced USB & Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration

Standard or 100% Options
  • 2DW – 17" Light Alloy Wheel Star-Spoke Style 393 w/ All-Season Tires
  • 2TB – Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles
  • 316 – Power Tailgate
  • 403 – Power Moonroof
  • 459 – Power Front Seats w/ Driver Memory
  • 465 – Split Fold-Down Rear Seat
  • 4AB – Dark Burl Walnut wood trim
  • 4DM – Highlight trim finishers pearl gloss chrome
  • 522 – Xenon Headlights

Lines

ZLL – Luxury Line
  • 2H2 – 18" Light Alloy Wheel Multi-Spoke Style 416 w/ All-Season Tires
  • or 2L1 - 19" Light Alloy Wheel Multi-Spoke Style 399 w/ Mixed Performance Tires
  • 3DZ – Without Lines designation outside
  • 4CE – Anthracite Wood trim
  • or 4B8 – Burled Walnut Trim with Inlay
  • or 4EZ – Ash Grain Fine Wood Trim with Metal Inlay
  • 4DM – Highlight trim finishers pearl gloss chrome

7S2 – Luxury Line
  • LCLZ – Leather Dakota Black exclusive stitching
  • or LCEW – Ivory White and Black Dakota Leather
  • or LCLX – Leather Dakota Saddle Brown exclusive stitching
  • or LCLY – Leather Dakota Venetian Beige exclusive stitching
  • Chrome design elements (bumper accents, air intakes with Line specific design, kidney bars, exhaust pipe finishers)
  • Chrome rings around center stack, A/C and radio controls
  • High-gloss black B-pillar
  • Signature key

ZSL – Sport Line
  • 2A5 – 18" Light Alloy Wheel Double-spoke Style 397 w/ Performance Tires
  • or 2FM – 18" Light Alloy Wheel V-spoke Style 398 w/ Mixed Performance Tires
  • or 2T1 – 19" Light Alloy Wheel Star-spoke Style 407 w/ Mixed Performance Tires
  • 3BE – Door mirror caps in black
  • 3DZ – Without Lines designation outside
  • 481 – Sport seats
  • 4AT – High-Gloss Black Trim
  • or 4AD – Brushed Aluminum trim
  • 4CE – Anthracite Wood trim
  • 4DN – Highlight trim finishers Coral Red matte
  • or 4DL – Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
  • 4DM – Highlight trim finishers pearl gloss chrome
  • 704 – M Sport suspension
  • 775 – Anthracite headliner
  • 7AC – Sport Line
  • 840 – Increased top speed limiter
  • or ZRT – Removed Increased Top Speed 840 - All-season tires can be ordered by selecting option ZRT
  • KCL3 – Black Leatherette / Red Highlight
  • or LCL3 – Leather Dakota Black / Red Highlight
  • LCL5 – Leather Dakota Coral Red / Black Highlight
  • LCOM – Leather Dakota Oyster / Black with dark Oyster accent
  • Black, high-gloss design elements (bumper and air intake trim, kidney bars, exhaust pipes, B-pillar, mirrors caps)
  • Chrome rings around A/C & radio controls
  • Sport i-cluster
  • Signature key

ZMM – M Sport Line
  • 2PM – 18" Light Alloy Wheel Double-spoke Style 441M w/ Mixed Performance Tires
  • or 2PL – 19" Light Alloy Wheel Double-spoke Style 442M w/ Mixed Performance Tires
  • or 2V7 – 18" Light Alloy Wheel Double-Spoke Style 441M w/ All-Season Tires - All-season tires can be ordered by selecting option 2V7.
  • 337 – M Sport Package
  • 3DZ – Without Lines designation outside
  • 481 – Sport seats
  • 4DX – Highlight trim finishers Estoril Blue matte
  • or 4DL – Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
  • 4DM – Highlight trim finishers pearl gloss chrome
  • 4MR – Aluminum Hexagon interior trim
  • or 4AB – Dark Burl Walnut wood trim
  • or 4AD – Brushed Aluminum trim
  • 704 – M Sport suspension
  • 710 – M steering wheel
  • 715 – Aerodynamic kit
  • 760 – Shadowline exterior trim
  • 775 – Anthracite headliner
  • 840 – Increased top speed limiter
  • or ZRT – Removed Increased Top Speed 840
  • KCSW Black Leatherette
  • or KCDF – Venetian Beige Leatherette
  • or LCDF – Venetian Beige Dakota Leather
  • or LCEW – Ivory White and Black Dakota Leather
  • or LCL5 – Leather Dakota Coral Red / Black Highlight
  • or LCSW – Black Dakota Leather
  • Chrome rings around A/C and radio control
  • M Footrest (only with black or red upholsteries)
  • Sport instrument cluster
  • Signature key

NOTE: All 19" wheels come equipped with mixed performance tires.


Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.










29 responses to 2014 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe Order Guide LEAKED

sr5959 commented:
November 1, 2013, 2:00 pm

'Power tailgate'???

It's not a hatchback is it...must be a typo.

On the other hand if this means the 4GC will have electric closer for the trunk lid that would be great.
m8o commented:
November 1, 2013, 3:02 pm

I look forward to release of length, width, height, trunk capacity, weight, engines, and drivetrains offered to US buyers. ...oh, price, ya that too.
3ismagic# commented:
November 1, 2013, 8:10 pm

Carbon Black FTW!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
RichReg commented:
November 1, 2013, 8:19 pm

Does anyone know if this will be the first BMW model to feature the replacement for the N55?
HokieXDriver commented:
November 1, 2013, 8:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
Does anyone know if this will be the first BMW model to feature the replacement for the N55?
There is a replacement for the N55?
raleedy commented:
November 2, 2013, 12:59 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
'Power tailgate'???

It's not a hatchback is it...must be a typo.

On the other hand if this means the 4GC will have electric closer for the trunk lid that would be great.
Are you certain about that?
MikeAmmo commented:
November 2, 2013, 8:02 am

This thing looks gorgeous. Have to wonder if it will cannibalize 3 sales or hurt average transaction prices of the 3 though. My assumption will be those who can afford it will get the Gran Coupe while everyone else would take the 3 sedan by default.
RichReg commented:
November 2, 2013, 8:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieXDriver View Post
There is a replacement for the N55?
I thought BMW was undergoing development of a new class of "modular" engines, of which the 2.0 TT four banger was among the first.
If not, then my bad....

Then there is the 3 cylinder engine being prepared for the Mini:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-cylinder.html

I seem to recall one of the insiders on the German.Car.Forum mentioning that the Gran Coupe would get the new 6 cylinder.
RichReg commented:
November 2, 2013, 8:31 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
'Power tailgate'???

It's not a hatchback is it...must be a typo.
Yes it is...it will open like the Audi A5 Sportback:

http://pakistan.jobz.pk/wp-content/u...k-Pakistan.jpg

m8o commented:
November 2, 2013, 1:29 pm

So it will be like the GT but less bulbous rear and less storage? So there will be 4 4-doors [grouping the 4-series w/the 3-series] with little difference other than variations to the slopes of the rear? BMW, Try'n to cover all bases I guess. There's definitely going to be a good deal of sales cannibalization but may bring some add'l buyers to the table on a whole.
tturedraider commented:
November 2, 2013, 2:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
'Power tailgate'???

It's not a hatchback is it...must be a typo.

On the other hand if this means the 4GC will have electric closer for the trunk lid that would be great.
I wonder if this is actually an ordering guide for the X4.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
I thought BMW was undergoing development of a new class of "modular" engines, of which the 2.0 TT four banger was among the first.
If not, then my bad....

Then there is the 3 cylinder engine being prepared for the Mini:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-cylinder.html

I seem to recall one of the insiders on the German.Car.Forum mentioning that the Gran Coupe would get the new 6 cylinder.
The N20 four banger is essentially an N55 with two cylinders chopped off.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
Yes it is...it will open like the Audi A5 Sportback:

http://pakistan.jobz.pk/wp-content/u...k-Pakistan.jpg

I have a very hard time believing that.
RichReg commented:
November 2, 2013, 3:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I wonder if this is actually an ordering guide for the X4.
So you think this ordering guide is BS?
Actually would make sense....no dealership I've contacted has any clue about a 435 Gran Coupe ordering guide.

As far as the hatchback idea, its what I heard on several of the German.Car.Forums. Someone also mentioned it was in the BMW database.

Don't the spy shots of the 4GC kind of remind you of this shape?

tturedraider commented:
November 2, 2013, 3:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
So you think this ordering guide is BS?
Actually would make sense....no dealership I've contacted has any clue about a 435 Gran Coupe ordering guide.

As far as the hatchback idea, its what I heard on several of the German.Car.Forums. Someone also mentioned it was in the BMW database.

Don't the spy shots of the 4GC kind of remind you of this shape?

I do think it is very odd for an ordering guide to appear this far in advance of the car going on sale at dealerships. I do not know what the timeline is for the beginning of X4 sales, but there have been very recent amateur photos of production ready models taken during X4 advertising shoots done in public places.

A hatch 4 Series Gran Coupe strikes me as too similar to the 3 Series GT to give it the level of panache I think BMW would want the 4 GC to have.
boltjaM3s commented:
November 2, 2013, 3:35 pm

Thank you, God.

428i GC M-Sport Euro delivery here I come.

BJ
tturedraider commented:
November 2, 2013, 4:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I do think it is very odd for an ordering guide to appear this far in advance of the car going on sale at dealerships. I do not know what the timeline is for the beginning of X4 sales, but there have been very recent amateur photos of production ready models taken during X4 advertising shoots done in public places.

A hatch 4 Series Gran Coupe strikes me as too similar to the 3 Series GT to give it the level of panache I think BMW would want the 4 GC to have.
Well, I just looked at several high resolution spy shots of the car in camo and from the cut lines in the camo surrounding the back glass is does appear it may very well be a hatch. The placement of the center mounted brake light also leads me to believe it is likely a hatch. Kind of surprises me, but it would certainly make the trunk/storage space more useful than that of the 6 GC.

Also, I have to say as I look over the features and options it makes much more sense that they apply to a car rather than an SUV.
RichReg commented:
November 2, 2013, 5:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Well, I just looked at several high resolution spy shots of the car in camo and from the cut lines in the camo surrounding the back glass is does appear it may very well be a hatch. The placement of the center mounted brake light also leads me to believe it is likely a hatch. Kind of surprises me, but it would certainly make the trunk/storage space more useful than that of the 6 GC.
I'm hoping that, if it is a hatchback, maybe BMW succeeded in making it look REALLY good by 4 Series standards (i.e.> even more sporty and coupe-like than the A5 SB, which is 4 years old now). Might explain why they waited so long to bring out such a model because maybe the aforementioned "panache" factor wasn't quite there yet until now. 'Course, other than that familiar front end, there's nothing definitive in the spy shots to indicate that.
Mark K commented:
November 2, 2013, 5:24 pm

Standard or 100% Options

403 – Power Moonroof




And here we go again ... way to be dumb, BMWNA. When will they learn that forcing moonroof with no "delete option" choice can make the car unusable and they might/will lose sales for it?
Jamesonsviggen commented:
November 2, 2013, 6:12 pm

Best news is the ivory/black color interior for the Msport, current colors are too limited.
captainaudio commented:
November 2, 2013, 6:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
So you think this ordering guide is BS?
I hope it isn't BS.

BJ is already on his way to pick one up via European Delivery.



Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Thank you, God.

428i GC M-Sport Euro delivery here I come.

BJ
boltjaM3s commented:
November 2, 2013, 7:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I hope it isn't BS.

BJ is already on his way to pick one up via European Delivery.
Not if it's some hatchback. I'll be in a 4 Cabrio in a finger-snap if they do that to the 4 Gran Coupe.

BJ
captainaudio commented:
November 2, 2013, 7:28 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Not if it's some hatchback. I'll be in a 4 Cabrio in a finger-snap if they do that to the 4 Gran Coupe.

BJ
The renderings that come up in Google Images do not show it to be a hatchback.

tturedraider commented:
November 2, 2013, 7:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
The renderings that come up in Google Images do not show it to be a hatchback.

Yes, but they are renderings. The ordering guide lists a power tailgate and the good photo shots of the rear show pretty clear cut lines in the camo that make it appear the back glass raises. I'm not super crazy about the hatch concept, but to be honest you can't tell by the design that the A7 is a hatch. So, it can be done without ruining the styling and it does add storage functionality. Even in that rendering there's nothing in the design that would prevent that from being a hatch.
RichReg commented:
November 2, 2013, 7:59 pm

Take a look at camoe'd pic below.
Doesn't the way the cut-line from the rear window to the trunk opening look odd,
somewhat unlike other 4Dr BMW sedans?



It could open something like this:

boltjaM3s commented:
November 2, 2013, 8:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
The renderings that come up in Google Images do not show it to be a hatchback.
I hope so. I just want a 4 Coupe with four doors, not five. Not too much to ask.

BJ
AJPITT commented:
November 8, 2013, 8:53 pm

This looks nice but I wish I understood what bmw is trying to accomplish with all these niche cars. What is their strategy with this, all the new GTs, the x4, etc.? . They're starting to look the same. Is this basically supposed to be the sport car with luxury that the 3 was and the 3 is now the luxury car with some sportiness it has become?
av98 commented:
November 9, 2013, 12:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJPITT View Post
This looks nice but I wish I understood what bmw is trying to accomplish with all these niche cars. What is their strategy with this, all the new GTs, the x4, etc.? . They're starting to look the same. Is this basically supposed to be the sport car with luxury that the 3 was and the 3 is now the luxury car with some sportiness it has become?
Sounds like the Audi/VW strategy, in order to capture the market share and revenue.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
RichReg commented:
November 9, 2013, 12:41 pm

If this car is actually larger inside than an F30, I'd be really interested. And the hatch practicality sounds convenient, ..without sacrificing sporty looks.

I seem to recall a 5 Series being a lot cheaper than it is today....I guess time flies. Would like to step up to a higher model next time around. But its an over $10k sticker difference (depending) between a 535 and a 435. How much more could a comparably equipped 435 GC cost? Probably $2-3K tops.

Personally, I'd rather save the money...but that's just me.
SteveL1 commented:
November 9, 2013, 11:08 pm

Isn't the power trunk option the same as what you get on the 428/438 coupes with the Premium package? Stick your foot under the rear bumper and the trunk pops open.
GTitis2013 commented:
November 9, 2013, 11:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
If this car is actually larger inside than an F30, I'd be really interested. And the hatch practicality sounds convenient, ..without sacrificing sporty looks.

I seem to recall a 5 Series being a lot cheaper than it is today....I guess time flies. Would like to step up to a higher model next time around. But its an over $10k sticker difference (depending) between a 535 and a 435. How much more could a comparably equipped 435 GC cost? Probably $2-3K tops.

Personally, I'd rather save the money...but that's just me.
It assume it will be larger inside than the sedan as it will have the long wheelbase of the F34.