2014 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe Order Guide LEAKED

by Tim Jones on November 1, 2013, 1:55 pm
BMW 4 series gran coupe order guide

The 2014 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe is closer then you might think. We got this leaked copy of the US dealer ordering guide for the demo cars. We expect demo 4 series Gran Coupes to start hitting dealership in April of 2014.

If you're wondering just how different the 4 Series Gran Coupe will look from the 3 Series Sedan take a look here

2014 435i 4 Series Gran Coupe Ordering Guide

Exterior Colors
  • 300 Alpine White
  • 668 Jet Black
  • 416 Carbon Black Metallic
  • 475 Black Sapphire Metallic
  • 481 Kalahari Beige Metallic
  • A75 Melbourne Red Metallic
  • A83 Glacier Silver Metallic
  • A96 Mineral White Metallic
  • B38 Mineral Blue Metallic
  • B39 Mineral Grey Metallic
  • B45 Estoril Blue
  • B53 Sparkling Brown Metallic
  • B65 Jatoba Metallic

Interior Options
  • KCDF Venetian Beige Leatherette (ZMM)
  • KCL3 Black Leatherette / Red Highlight (ZSL)
  • KCSW Black Leatherette (ZMM)
  • LCDF Venetian Beige Dakota Leather (ZMM)
  • LCEW Ivory White and Black Dakota Leather (ZLL & ZMM)
  • LCL3 Leather Dakota Black / Red Highlight (ZSL)
  • LCL5 Leather Dakota Coral Red / Black Highlight (ZMM & ZSL)
  • LCLX Leather Dakota Saddle Brown excluding stitching (ZLL)
  • LCLY Leather Dakota Venetian Beige excluding stitching (ZLL)
  • LCLZ Leather Dakota Black excluding stitching (ZSL)
  • LCSW Black Dakota Leather (ZMM)

Packages

Cold Weather Package (ZCW)
  • 248 Heated Steering Wheel
  • 494 Heated front seats
  • 496 Heated rear seats
  • 502 Retractable headlight washers

Driver Assistance Package (ZDA)
  • 3AG Rear view camera
  • 508 Park Distance Control

Driver Assistance Plus (ZDB)
  • 5AG Active Blind Spot Detection
  • 5AS Active Driving Assistant
  • 5DL Side and Top View Cameras
  • 8TH Speed Limit Info

Dynamic Handling Package (ZDH)
  • 2VF Adaptive M Suspension
  • 2VL Variable sport steering

Lighting Package (ZLP)
  • 552 Adaptive Full LED Lights
  • 5AC Automatic high beams

Premium Package (ZPP)
  • 322 Comfort Access keyless entry
  • 488 Lumbar support
  • 655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
  • LC - Leather Dakota

Technology Package (ZTP)
  • 609 Navigation system
  • 610 Head-up Display
  • 6AK BMW Online & BMW Apps
  • 6AM Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information
  • 6AP Remove Services
  • 6WA Instrument cluster with extended contents

Options
  • 2NH M Sport Brakes
  • 494 Heated front seats
  • 4AD Brushed Aluminum trim
  • 5AC Automatic high beams
  • 6DF Active Cruise Control
  • 5DL - Side and Top View Cameras
  • 5DP Parking Assistant
  • 609 Navigation system
  • 688 Harman Kardon surround sound system
  • 6AN Concierge Services
  • 6NS Enhanced USB & Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration

Standard or 100% Options
  • 2DW 17" Light Alloy Wheel Star-Spoke Style 393 w/ All-Season Tires
  • 2TB Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles
  • 316 Power Tailgate
  • 403 Power Moonroof
  • 459 Power Front Seats w/ Driver Memory
  • 465 Split Fold-Down Rear Seat
  • 4AB Dark Burl Walnut wood trim
  • 4DM Highlight trim finishers pearl gloss chrome
  • 522 Xenon Headlights

Lines

ZLL Luxury Line
  • 2H2 18" Light Alloy Wheel Multi-Spoke Style 416 w/ All-Season Tires
  • or 2L1 - 19" Light Alloy Wheel Multi-Spoke Style 399 w/ Mixed Performance Tires
  • 3DZ Without Lines designation outside
  • 4CE Anthracite Wood trim
  • or 4B8 Burled Walnut Trim with Inlay
  • or 4EZ Ash Grain Fine Wood Trim with Metal Inlay
  • 4DM Highlight trim finishers pearl gloss chrome

7S2 Luxury Line
  • LCLZ Leather Dakota Black exclusive stitching
  • or LCEW Ivory White and Black Dakota Leather
  • or LCLX Leather Dakota Saddle Brown exclusive stitching
  • or LCLY Leather Dakota Venetian Beige exclusive stitching
  • Chrome design elements (bumper accents, air intakes with Line specific design, kidney bars, exhaust pipe finishers)
  • Chrome rings around center stack, A/C and radio controls
  • High-gloss black B-pillar
  • Signature key

ZSL Sport Line
  • 2A5 18" Light Alloy Wheel Double-spoke Style 397 w/ Performance Tires
  • or 2FM 18" Light Alloy Wheel V-spoke Style 398 w/ Mixed Performance Tires
  • or 2T1 19" Light Alloy Wheel Star-spoke Style 407 w/ Mixed Performance Tires
  • 3BE Door mirror caps in black
  • 3DZ Without Lines designation outside
  • 481 Sport seats
  • 4AT High-Gloss Black Trim
  • or 4AD Brushed Aluminum trim
  • 4CE Anthracite Wood trim
  • 4DN Highlight trim finishers Coral Red matte
  • or 4DL Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
  • 4DM Highlight trim finishers pearl gloss chrome
  • 704 M Sport suspension
  • 775 Anthracite headliner
  • 7AC Sport Line
  • 840 Increased top speed limiter
  • or ZRT Removed Increased Top Speed 840 - All-season tires can be ordered by selecting option ZRT
  • KCL3 Black Leatherette / Red Highlight
  • or LCL3 Leather Dakota Black / Red Highlight
  • LCL5 Leather Dakota Coral Red / Black Highlight
  • LCOM Leather Dakota Oyster / Black with dark Oyster accent
  • Black, high-gloss design elements (bumper and air intake trim, kidney bars, exhaust pipes, B-pillar, mirrors caps)
  • Chrome rings around A/C & radio controls
  • Sport i-cluster
  • Signature key

ZMM M Sport Line
  • 2PM 18" Light Alloy Wheel Double-spoke Style 441M w/ Mixed Performance Tires
  • or 2PL 19" Light Alloy Wheel Double-spoke Style 442M w/ Mixed Performance Tires
  • or 2V7 18" Light Alloy Wheel Double-Spoke Style 441M w/ All-Season Tires - All-season tires can be ordered by selecting option 2V7.
  • 337 M Sport Package
  • 3DZ Without Lines designation outside
  • 481 Sport seats
  • 4DX Highlight trim finishers Estoril Blue matte
  • or 4DL Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
  • 4DM Highlight trim finishers pearl gloss chrome
  • 4MR Aluminum Hexagon interior trim
  • or 4AB Dark Burl Walnut wood trim
  • or 4AD Brushed Aluminum trim
  • 704 M Sport suspension
  • 710 M steering wheel
  • 715 Aerodynamic kit
  • 760 Shadowline exterior trim
  • 775 Anthracite headliner
  • 840 Increased top speed limiter
  • or ZRT Removed Increased Top Speed 840
  • KCSW Black Leatherette
  • or KCDF Venetian Beige Leatherette
  • or LCDF Venetian Beige Dakota Leather
  • or LCEW Ivory White and Black Dakota Leather
  • or LCL5 Leather Dakota Coral Red / Black Highlight
  • or LCSW Black Dakota Leather
  • Chrome rings around A/C and radio control
  • M Footrest (only with black or red upholsteries)
  • Sport instrument cluster
  • Signature key

NOTE: All 19" wheels come equipped with mixed performance tires.


Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.










29 responses to 2014 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe Order Guide LEAKED

sr5959 commented:
November 1, 2013, 2:00 pm

'Power tailgate'???

It's not a hatchback is it...must be a typo.

On the other hand if this means the 4GC will have electric closer for the trunk lid that would be great.
m8o commented:
November 1, 2013, 3:02 pm

I look forward to release of length, width, height, trunk capacity, weight, engines, and drivetrains offered to US buyers. ...oh, price, ya that too.
3ismagic# commented:
November 1, 2013, 8:10 pm

Carbon Black FTW!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
RichReg commented:
November 1, 2013, 8:19 pm

Does anyone know if this will be the first BMW model to feature the replacement for the N55?
HokieXDriver commented:
November 1, 2013, 8:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
Does anyone know if this will be the first BMW model to feature the replacement for the N55?
There is a replacement for the N55?
raleedy commented:
November 2, 2013, 12:59 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
'Power tailgate'???

It's not a hatchback is it...must be a typo.

On the other hand if this means the 4GC will have electric closer for the trunk lid that would be great.
Are you certain about that?
MikeAmmo commented:
November 2, 2013, 8:02 am

This thing looks gorgeous. Have to wonder if it will cannibalize 3 sales or hurt average transaction prices of the 3 though. My assumption will be those who can afford it will get the Gran Coupe while everyone else would take the 3 sedan by default.
RichReg commented:
November 2, 2013, 8:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieXDriver View Post
There is a replacement for the N55?
I thought BMW was undergoing development of a new class of "modular" engines, of which the 2.0 TT four banger was among the first.
If not, then my bad....

Then there is the 3 cylinder engine being prepared for the Mini:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-cylinder.html

I seem to recall one of the insiders on the German.Car.Forum mentioning that the Gran Coupe would get the new 6 cylinder.
RichReg commented:
November 2, 2013, 8:31 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
'Power tailgate'???

It's not a hatchback is it...must be a typo.
Yes it is...it will open like the Audi A5 Sportback:

http://pakistan.jobz.pk/wp-content/u...k-Pakistan.jpg

m8o commented:
November 2, 2013, 1:29 pm

So it will be like the GT but less bulbous rear and less storage? So there will be 4 4-doors [grouping the 4-series w/the 3-series] with little difference other than variations to the slopes of the rear? BMW, Try'n to cover all bases I guess. There's definitely going to be a good deal of sales cannibalization but may bring some add'l buyers to the table on a whole.
tturedraider commented:
November 2, 2013, 2:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
'Power tailgate'???

It's not a hatchback is it...must be a typo.

On the other hand if this means the 4GC will have electric closer for the trunk lid that would be great.
I wonder if this is actually an ordering guide for the X4.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
I thought BMW was undergoing development of a new class of "modular" engines, of which the 2.0 TT four banger was among the first.
If not, then my bad....

Then there is the 3 cylinder engine being prepared for the Mini:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-cylinder.html

I seem to recall one of the insiders on the German.Car.Forum mentioning that the Gran Coupe would get the new 6 cylinder.
The N20 four banger is essentially an N55 with two cylinders chopped off.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
Yes it is...it will open like the Audi A5 Sportback:

http://pakistan.jobz.pk/wp-content/u...k-Pakistan.jpg

I have a very hard time believing that.
RichReg commented:
November 2, 2013, 3:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I wonder if this is actually an ordering guide for the X4.
So you think this ordering guide is BS?
Actually would make sense....no dealership I've contacted has any clue about a 435 Gran Coupe ordering guide.

As far as the hatchback idea, its what I heard on several of the German.Car.Forums. Someone also mentioned it was in the BMW database.

Don't the spy shots of the 4GC kind of remind you of this shape?

tturedraider commented:
November 2, 2013, 3:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
So you think this ordering guide is BS?
Actually would make sense....no dealership I've contacted has any clue about a 435 Gran Coupe ordering guide.

As far as the hatchback idea, its what I heard on several of the German.Car.Forums. Someone also mentioned it was in the BMW database.

Don't the spy shots of the 4GC kind of remind you of this shape?

I do think it is very odd for an ordering guide to appear this far in advance of the car going on sale at dealerships. I do not know what the timeline is for the beginning of X4 sales, but there have been very recent amateur photos of production ready models taken during X4 advertising shoots done in public places.

A hatch 4 Series Gran Coupe strikes me as too similar to the 3 Series GT to give it the level of panache I think BMW would want the 4 GC to have.
boltjaM3s commented:
November 2, 2013, 3:35 pm

Thank you, God.

428i GC M-Sport Euro delivery here I come.

BJ
tturedraider commented:
November 2, 2013, 4:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I do think it is very odd for an ordering guide to appear this far in advance of the car going on sale at dealerships. I do not know what the timeline is for the beginning of X4 sales, but there have been very recent amateur photos of production ready models taken during X4 advertising shoots done in public places.

A hatch 4 Series Gran Coupe strikes me as too similar to the 3 Series GT to give it the level of panache I think BMW would want the 4 GC to have.
Well, I just looked at several high resolution spy shots of the car in camo and from the cut lines in the camo surrounding the back glass is does appear it may very well be a hatch. The placement of the center mounted brake light also leads me to believe it is likely a hatch. Kind of surprises me, but it would certainly make the trunk/storage space more useful than that of the 6 GC.

Also, I have to say as I look over the features and options it makes much more sense that they apply to a car rather than an SUV.
RichReg commented:
November 2, 2013, 5:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Well, I just looked at several high resolution spy shots of the car in camo and from the cut lines in the camo surrounding the back glass is does appear it may very well be a hatch. The placement of the center mounted brake light also leads me to believe it is likely a hatch. Kind of surprises me, but it would certainly make the trunk/storage space more useful than that of the 6 GC.
I'm hoping that, if it is a hatchback, maybe BMW succeeded in making it look REALLY good by 4 Series standards (i.e.> even more sporty and coupe-like than the A5 SB, which is 4 years old now). Might explain why they waited so long to bring out such a model because maybe the aforementioned "panache" factor wasn't quite there yet until now. 'Course, other than that familiar front end, there's nothing definitive in the spy shots to indicate that.
Mark K commented:
November 2, 2013, 5:24 pm

Standard or 100% Options

403 Power Moonroof




And here we go again ... way to be dumb, BMWNA. When will they learn that forcing moonroof with no "delete option" choice can make the car unusable and they might/will lose sales for it?
Jamesonsviggen commented:
November 2, 2013, 6:12 pm

Best news is the ivory/black color interior for the Msport, current colors are too limited.
captainaudio commented:
November 2, 2013, 6:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
So you think this ordering guide is BS?
I hope it isn't BS.

BJ is already on his way to pick one up via European Delivery.



Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Thank you, God.

428i GC M-Sport Euro delivery here I come.

BJ
boltjaM3s commented:
November 2, 2013, 7:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I hope it isn't BS.

BJ is already on his way to pick one up via European Delivery.
Not if it's some hatchback. I'll be in a 4 Cabrio in a finger-snap if they do that to the 4 Gran Coupe.

BJ
captainaudio commented:
November 2, 2013, 7:28 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Not if it's some hatchback. I'll be in a 4 Cabrio in a finger-snap if they do that to the 4 Gran Coupe.

BJ
The renderings that come up in Google Images do not show it to be a hatchback.

tturedraider commented:
November 2, 2013, 7:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
The renderings that come up in Google Images do not show it to be a hatchback.

Yes, but they are renderings. The ordering guide lists a power tailgate and the good photo shots of the rear show pretty clear cut lines in the camo that make it appear the back glass raises. I'm not super crazy about the hatch concept, but to be honest you can't tell by the design that the A7 is a hatch. So, it can be done without ruining the styling and it does add storage functionality. Even in that rendering there's nothing in the design that would prevent that from being a hatch.
RichReg commented:
November 2, 2013, 7:59 pm

Take a look at camoe'd pic below.
Doesn't the way the cut-line from the rear window to the trunk opening look odd,
somewhat unlike other 4Dr BMW sedans?



It could open something like this:

boltjaM3s commented:
November 2, 2013, 8:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
The renderings that come up in Google Images do not show it to be a hatchback.
I hope so. I just want a 4 Coupe with four doors, not five. Not too much to ask.

BJ
AJPITT commented:
November 8, 2013, 8:53 pm

This looks nice but I wish I understood what bmw is trying to accomplish with all these niche cars. What is their strategy with this, all the new GTs, the x4, etc.? . They're starting to look the same. Is this basically supposed to be the sport car with luxury that the 3 was and the 3 is now the luxury car with some sportiness it has become?
av98 commented:
November 9, 2013, 12:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJPITT View Post
This looks nice but I wish I understood what bmw is trying to accomplish with all these niche cars. What is their strategy with this, all the new GTs, the x4, etc.? . They're starting to look the same. Is this basically supposed to be the sport car with luxury that the 3 was and the 3 is now the luxury car with some sportiness it has become?
Sounds like the Audi/VW strategy, in order to capture the market share and revenue.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
RichReg commented:
November 9, 2013, 12:41 pm

If this car is actually larger inside than an F30, I'd be really interested. And the hatch practicality sounds convenient, ..without sacrificing sporty looks.

I seem to recall a 5 Series being a lot cheaper than it is today....I guess time flies. Would like to step up to a higher model next time around. But its an over $10k sticker difference (depending) between a 535 and a 435. How much more could a comparably equipped 435 GC cost? Probably $2-3K tops.

Personally, I'd rather save the money...but that's just me.
SteveL1 commented:
November 9, 2013, 11:08 pm

Isn't the power trunk option the same as what you get on the 428/438 coupes with the Premium package? Stick your foot under the rear bumper and the trunk pops open.
GTitis2013 commented:
November 9, 2013, 11:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
If this car is actually larger inside than an F30, I'd be really interested. And the hatch practicality sounds convenient, ..without sacrificing sporty looks.

I seem to recall a 5 Series being a lot cheaper than it is today....I guess time flies. Would like to step up to a higher model next time around. But its an over $10k sticker difference (depending) between a 535 and a 435. How much more could a comparably equipped 435 GC cost? Probably $2-3K tops.

Personally, I'd rather save the money...but that's just me.
It assume it will be larger inside than the sedan as it will have the long wheelbase of the F34.