Audi Sales On A Roll - 34 Month Record
Audi reports October 2013 sales of 13,001 vehicles, an 11.0% increase over the previous October record set last year. October also stands as the brand’s 34th consecutive month of record sales. Audi sales year-to-date increased 13.4% to 127,412 vehicles sold.
“With another monthly sales record, the sustainable Audi business model is on track to produce steady and profitable growth,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “We are confident that 2013 will stand as our fourth-straight record year.”
October sales results were bolstered by sales of Audi luxury SUVs, with the Audi Q5 luxury crossover posting a 39.4% gain in October with 3,380 units delivered for the month. Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 38.6% to 1,403 vehicles sold for the month. Year-to-date sales for the Audi Q5 increased 43.3% while sales for the Audi Q7 increased 45.7%.
Sedan sales remain strong with the Audi A6 leading with an increase of 13.5%. Coupe sales soared for this month with Audi TT numbers increased by 62.0% and A5 sales increased to 13.7%.
Audi R8 sales continue to increase as customers responded to the updated 2014 models, including the Audi R8 V8, Audi R8 V10 and Audi R8 V10 plus.
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A6, Audi A7, Audi A8, and Audi Q7) increased 17% YTD, representing a steady 32.7% of total Audi sales year-to-date and 41% of the Audi year-to-date sales gain.
Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles sales increased 30.9% in the month of October, with a year-to-date increase of 7.4%.
- Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 15.8% for the S4 sedan; 29.9% for the S5/ RS 5; 7.9% for the S6; 21.6% for the S7 / RS 7; 15.1% for the S8.
- Sales of Audi A5 increased 13.7% and A6 increased to 13.5% compared to October 2012; YTD A5 sales grew 11.6%, A6 sales grew to 13.5% compared to previous period.
- Sales of Audi TT increased 62.0% compared to October 2012.
- Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 39.4% compared to October 2012; YTD sales grew 43.3% compared to previous period.
- Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 38.6% compared to October 2012; YTD sales grew 45.7% compared to previous period.
- Audi sold 437 allroad models in October 2013, bringing YTD sales to 4,558 of the sport wagon, a 103.2% increase compared to previous period.
- Audi R8 sales up 38.3% compared to October 2012.
- Sales mix for Audi A6 TDI finished the month at 13.1%; for the Audi A7 TDI at 12.9%, for the A8 TDI at 18.9%, for the Audi Q5 TDI at 14.2%, and for the Audi Q7 TDI at 27.2% for the month.
- The Audi A3 is being phased out in advance of the all-new A3 sedan arriving in the U.S. market next spring.
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 30.9% to 3,486 vehicles in October; YTD increased 7.4% to 32,556 vehicles sold.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Low coolant light first thing in the morning
- Bright lights don't work
- Wiper fluid leak
- Interesting brake component warranty
- CC-ID 381 Gremlins
- Is this a good steal? 2009 328i
- New to forum - Idrive Bug Question
- Bureau of Applied Oxymoronics
- Suspension Education for a n00bie
- Buying a 2008 BMW 328 XI - Need advice