BMW 228i and M235i US Order and Pricing Guides

by Tim Jones on December 11, 2013, 3:10 pm
BMW 2 series pricing

The all-new BMW 2 Series Coupe is designed with significantly larger dimensions than its predecessor, the BMW 1 Series Coupe, and will be offered as both a 228i and M235i, which is the first BMW M Performance Automobile to be offered in the US. The BMW 2 Series Coupe has unmistakable BMW handling attributes and impressive ride comfort thanks to rear-wheel drive, longitudinally mounted engines, near-perfect 50-50 weight distribution, and sophisticated chassis technology. Double-pivot spring strut front suspension and five-link rear suspension feature tuning tailored to each 2 Series model, while variable sport steering, M Sport braking system and Adaptive M suspension with electronically controlled shock absorbers are all standard on the M235i in the US and optional on the 228i. Dynamic Stability Control system including Dynamic Traction Control with an electronic locking function for the rear axle is standard; M Performance mechanical limited slip differential will be available for the BMW M235i Coupe through the BMW M Performance Accessories range. The 2014 BMW 2 Series Coupe will launch in the US in 2014 Q1 with a base MSRP of $33,025 for the 228i and $44,025 for the M235i, including $925 Destination and Handling fee.

Official BMW 2 Series press release

Bimmerfest BMW M235i Driving Review: Street and Track - What did we think?


2 Series will be available at dealers in March of 2014. Build out your own 228i or M235i and let us know what's on your wish list.

BMW F22 2 Series 228i and M235i Ordering Guide

BMW F22 2 Series 228i and M235i Pricing Guide
2014-bmw-2-series-premiere 12014-bmw-2-series-premiere 22014-bmw-2-series-premiere 32014-bmw-2-series-premiere 42014-bmw-2-series-premiere 52014-bmw-2-series-premiere 62014-bmw-2-series-premiere 72014-bmw-2-series-premiere 82014-bmw-2-series-premiere 92014-bmw-2-series-premiere 102014-bmw-2-series-premiere 112014-bmw-2-series-premiere 12


Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.










45 responses to BMW 228i and M235i US Order and Pricing Guides

rayainsw commented:
December 11, 2013, 3:39 pm

I am over a year away from ordering -
but here is my best guess at what I will order:

Base $43,100
Metallic paint [ red, blue ? ] $ 550
ZCW Cold Weather Package $ 550
ZPP Premium Package $ 2,300
Dest & handling \ Delivery $ 925

Total = $47,425

- Ray
Ex-335iS driver . . .
Chris90 commented:
December 11, 2013, 4:18 pm

Moonroof optional on M235i, sweet!!

Please do the same on M235i Gran Coupe!
tim330i commented:
December 11, 2013, 5:13 pm

Updated with order and pricing guides!

Tim
Arciga18 commented:
December 11, 2013, 8:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
Moonroof optional on M235i, sweet!!

Please do the same on M235i Gran Coupe!
Dude, the moonroof is standard on M235. Code 403
damills commented:
December 11, 2013, 9:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
Moonroof optional on M235i, sweet!!

Please do the same on M235i Gran Coupe!
Check again, its STD
Chris90 commented:
December 11, 2013, 9:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arciga18 View Post
Dude, the moonroof is standard on M235. Code 403
I see, oh well, thanks.
rich8566 commented:
December 11, 2013, 10:54 pm

I'm not clear - it appears that leather is mandatory on the M235i?
m8o commented:
December 11, 2013, 11:44 pm

Some thoughts...

Name the N20/26 equipped machines 2020. (I think you wouldn't like me suggesting 2002)

I need compactness, performance, but luggage capacity too. BMW, please let me buy the hatch!

I'm still amazed it's near a 14 cu.ft trunk. Or, does that figure include the space above the rear deck btw'n the seats and window?

edit: ZDH requires ordering ZMM ... that's $4400!
Keepittrill commented:
December 12, 2013, 12:09 am

So...why the "M235i". Why don't they just call it the 235i? Is it going to be a true M car? (Can't be at that reasonable of a price haha)


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
piredon commented:
December 12, 2013, 9:11 pm

Why did they ruin the rear end? Looks like a great little car other than that. Much improved styling from the 1 series. It's like they said, "Crap, it looks too good! People might buy it instead of the pricier 4 series. Let's make the rear end look dumpy and cheap!"

Base M235i, ZMT, 674. Less is more on a car like this. Big engine, stick shift, stereo. Pure driving pleasure.
joatmon1967 commented:
December 13, 2013, 11:38 am

In looking through the Order Guide I read this...."2TR(18" double-spoke 436M wheels w/ all season tires) will delete 840(Increased top speed limiter) from the order. I am reading this as, if you order the All Season Tires you lose the 155mph capability, limiting you to the lesser 130ish mph. Is this right?
tim330i commented:
December 13, 2013, 11:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by joatmon1967 View Post
In looking through the Order Guide I read this...."2TR(18" double-spoke 436M wheels w/ all season tires) will delete 840(Increased top speed limiter) from the order. I am reading this as, if you order the All Season Tires you lose the 155mph capability, limiting you to the lesser 130ish mph. Is this right?
That is correct. That is how it is on all BMWs.

Tim
rich8566 commented:
December 13, 2013, 12:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joatmon1967 View Post
In looking through the Order Guide I read this...."2TR(18" double-spoke 436M wheels w/ all season tires) will delete 840(Increased top speed limiter) from the order. I am reading this as, if you order the All Season Tires you lose the 155mph capability, limiting you to the lesser 130ish mph. Is this right?
You are correct - you lose the 155 mph limited and get the 130ish limiter with all season tires.
joatmon1967 commented:
December 13, 2013, 12:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
That is correct. That is how it is on all BMWs.

Tim

Thanks Tim!!!

That would also explain the mixed wheel and tire sizes on the Summer Tire option.
joatmon1967 commented:
December 13, 2013, 12:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8566 View Post
You are correct - you lose the 155 mph limited and get the 130ish limiter with all season tires.
Thanks Rich!!!

I am looking at doing an ED next year for the M235i in early October. Had I not read the fine print, I could have made a huge mistake.
Mark K commented:
December 13, 2013, 2:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arciga18 View Post
Dude, the moonroof is standard on M235. Code 403
I have the feeling I will have to thank BMW again. I already thanked BMW for getting me into the second car in my signature. Now, it looks like I will be gently nudged to go pick up my next car in Zuffenhausen instead of picking it up in Munich - step I would have never been able to justify to myself. However, if I cannot drive the car with the helmet, it is totally useless to me - thus the "Zuffenhausen gambit" might be nicely justified

I might give them a chance and see if they will release ///M2 in time (I'm done waiting for BMW like I did for my diesel transportation device) and without moonroof. But I think it will be "Bye bye, BMW" for me this time.
move.over commented:
December 14, 2013, 9:17 am

Could it be true, Run Flats are listed as a No Cost Option on the M235i meaning regular tires are standard .
On any other series run flats are always listed as STD. However on the 2 series pricing guide only listed as STD on the 228i and optional on the M235i.
av98 commented:
December 14, 2013, 8:49 pm

Woo hoo, BMW knows RFTs are not for the enthusiasts . Now slap some Michelin PSS on those 2 series.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
NJPT commented:
December 15, 2013, 11:05 pm

Back on October 21, BMW had officially announced that the M235i will have Pilot Super Sports.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903957
SmallTownBoy commented:
December 19, 2013, 2:15 pm

As posted in the "Canadian Experiences" thread, I just ordered an M235i for March ED, from a Canadian dealer. U.S. pkgs will likely differ. Positive thoughts, please, for my delivery date. Still waiting for the production #.

Chose Black Sapphire Metallic, lumbar support and storage compartment package. I kept the 6 spd manual. (8 spd auto DCT (mit paddles) was optional for an extra CAD$1,600.)

Black Dakota leather ('ette is not avail.) Kept the std. brushed alum. int. trim.

Cold weather pkg (heated frt seats + st. wheel) is STD on the Canadian config.

As for tires, the STD wheel/tire pkg. is Code 2PG, which is the wheel shown in the first post, with perf RFT, frt 18x7.5, 225/40 R18, rear 18X8.0, 245/35 R18. You have the option (no charge) to select all seasons, but they are all 225/40 R18 and ALSO RFT. As mentioned earlier, since the a/s are NOT perf tires, this deselects the high speed limiter. I kept the std perf summer RFTs and, if necessary, will rent wheels/tires while over there.
335i Driver commented:
December 19, 2013, 3:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
BMW 2 series pricing

The BMW 2 series 228i and M235i will be official unveiled at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show in early January. While you wait we have the US order guide and pricing sheet to help you put together your 2 series order. The 228i powered by the N20 producing 240hp and 245 ft-lbs of torque starts at $33,025 while the M235i powered by the N55 making 300 hp and 300 lf-lbs of torque starts at $44,025.

2 Series will be available at dealers in March of 2014. Build out your own 228i or M235i and let us know what's on your wish list.

BMW F22 2 Series 228i and M235i Ordering Guide

BMW F22 2 Series 228i and M235i Pricing Guide
I thought the M235 was going to have the IS version of the N55 with additional boost making 320/332?
NJPT commented:
December 20, 2013, 8:18 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i Driver View Post
I thought the M235 was going to have the IS version of the N55 with additional boost making 320/332?
You are correct. The official press release on BMW USA's website says 326/332. 300/300 certainly doesn't correspond with any of the official released information for the M235i.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...ies-Coupe.aspx
Eagle11 commented:
January 20, 2014, 8:11 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayainsw View Post
I am over a year away from ordering -
but here is my best guess at what I will order:

Base $43,100
Metallic paint [ red, blue ? ] $ 550
ZCW Cold Weather Package $ 550
ZPP Premium Package $ 2,300
Dest & handling \ Delivery $ 925

Total = $47,425

- Ray
Ex-335iS driver . . .
Ray, I think I want a base M235i, this will allow for some engine tuning, 400hp and 420lbs of torque. This would give many cars a run for it's money... I could see this car be a great commuter and track car, just like 2005 ZPH was.
Chris90 commented:
January 20, 2014, 10:28 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle11 View Post
Ray, I think I want a base M235i, this will allow for some engine tuning, 400hp and 420lbs of torque. This would give many cars a run for it's money... I could see this car be a great commuter and track car, just like 2005 ZPH was.
If you haven't seen it, check out EVO Magazine's video from their Car of the YEar competition with the M135i, which is the same car as the M235i but in hatchback form:

M135i vs Porsche 911. The car looks so awesome.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/perf...era_video.html
Eagle11 commented:
January 20, 2014, 11:45 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
If you haven't seen it, check out EVO Magazine's video from their Car of the YEar competition with the M135i, which is the same car as the M235i but in hatchback form:

M135i vs Porsche 911. The car looks so awesome.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/perf...era_video.html
Great video, for a car half the price as a 911, the M235i will be a great value, add another 80hp, and that 911 wouldn't be able to pass the BMW...
MP87 commented:
February 24, 2014, 9:06 pm

When will the mechanical limited slip differential be available for the M235i?
MWCarson commented:
March 11, 2014, 1:37 am

Tim,

Would you happen to know the Base Euro Deliv pricing on the M235i?
It's not listed on the pricing sheet..

Thanks again
damills commented:
March 14, 2014, 1:41 am

Is there any later ordering guides, last one I have is where they added sensatec to the M235i dated 1/14/2014? Is there any later than that one?
JB330Ci commented:
March 27, 2014, 8:45 pm

I am interested in HUD but I don't see it's an option?
tim330i commented:
March 27, 2014, 8:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB330Ci View Post
I am interested in HUD but I don't see it's an option?
Correct. There is no HUD option for the f22 2 series.

Tim
clemsondds commented:
April 24, 2014, 9:53 pm

Hey everyone, just wondering what prices you are seeing out there? I was just offered $1000 under MSRP for loaded m235i -$48,200. What do you think?
rich8566 commented:
April 24, 2014, 10:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsondds View Post
Hey everyone, just wondering what prices you are seeing out there? I was just offered $1000 under MSRP for loaded m235i -$48,200. What do you think?
Are you implying a list price of $49,200 and a selling price of $1,000 less? If that's the case this car is not loaded.
clemsondds commented:
April 24, 2014, 10:09 pm

Sorry I shouldn't have put loaded...it's well equipped. has the alpine white exterior and a terra dakota leather interior. It has the premium package (e.g. comfort access keyless entry, lumbar support, 1 yr subscription with satellite radio, universal garage door opener, auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors and rearview mirror, ambience lighting) and the technology package ( e.g. navigation with touchpad, BMW online and BMW Apps, Advanced Real time traffic information, Remote Services, Enhanced USb and Bluetooth plus smartphone, and instrument cluster with extended contents) in addition to sport automatic transmission with shift paddles, heated front seats, highlight trim finishers black high-gloss, harman/kardon premium sound. MSRP:$49950 and said they would sell for $48950. Let me know what you think?
Angelbones commented:
May 13, 2014, 12:34 am

I believe BMW is offering a $1000 rebate right now. Is anybody able to negotiate below that? In other words, the dealer's $1000 plus the BMW $1000?
gbabichev1 commented:
May 13, 2014, 12:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelbones View Post
I believe BMW is offering a $1000 rebate right now. Is anybody able to negotiate below that? In other words, the dealer's $1000 plus the BMW $1000?
My car just finished being built. I contacted my CA via email informing him of the $1000 rebate, and he said no problem and applied it to my order. I don't know what you mean by dealer $1000 and BMW $1000. It's $1000 total reduction off of MSRP.
Angelbones commented:
May 13, 2014, 10:55 pm

Sorry for confusing language. I mean, for example, MSRP is 50,000; then you negotiate the dealer to knock off $1000 so that their profit is $1000 less; then BMW gives you an additional $1000 rebate on top of that, making the final price of the car $48,000. What dealers won't often tell you is that the manufacturer gives dealer holdback money even if they sell it below invoice (which would be unlikely on a new model like the 2 or 4 series). That's why there is always wiggle room for a dealer even if they won't do it. Of course, market conditions and other dealers will dictate what the dealer is willing to do.
tim330i commented:
May 28, 2014, 3:09 pm

Model year 2015 2 series pricing and ordering guides, including xDrive info is now available - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=774397
vapor commented:
May 30, 2014, 8:00 am

Thinking about a lease in NYC on a m235i.

Alpine White,
Terra Dakota Leather
Brushed Aluminum trim
Cold Weather Package
Technology Package
18" double-spoke 236M wheels w/ mixed summer tires
Manual Transmission
Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss

Was originally thinking about a 15k mile lease, 48175 on the bmw configurator.

with taxes and fees due at signing ($3,975.09). Payment was 606.40.

-3k down payment puts you at $ 6,875.41 due at signing with a payment of $519.17.

-based on the add structure 10k miles per year your car prices out to: $480.90 per month with $6,714.87 due at signing.

-12k miles will be: $493.66 per month with $6,768.40 due at signing.
ThatKrazyPolak commented:
May 30, 2014, 10:09 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor View Post
Thinking about a lease in NYC on a m235i.

Alpine White,
Terra Dakota Leather
Brushed Aluminum trim
Cold Weather Package
Technology Package
18" double-spoke 236M wheels w/ mixed summer tires
Manual Transmission
Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss

Was originally thinking about a 15k mile lease, 48175 on the bmw configurator.

with taxes and fees due at signing ($3,975.09). Payment was 606.40.

-3k down payment puts you at $ 6,875.41 due at signing with a payment of $519.17.

-based on the add structure 10k miles per year your car prices out to: $480.90 per month with $6,714.87 due at signing.

-12k miles will be: $493.66 per month with $6,768.40 due at signing.
why would you lease? Putting 4K down plus paying for depreciation? Your going to be left with nothing after your lease is up
barry0055 commented:
June 14, 2014, 9:24 am

My m235i is in the shop for 2 weeks for hi pressure fuel pump week before sensors it's new

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Vitt commented:
July 19, 2014, 11:39 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before, but on the 2015, 6NH (Hands-free Bluetooth and USB audio connection) is standard. Does this allow you to stream music? On the MY14, the technology package gives you 6NS (Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration), but that's missing on the 2015. I just re-read C&D test of the 2014, and they say that:
Quote:
"For example, at this lofty price you get Bluetooth phone connectivity, but you canít stream music. For those few extra lines of software code you have to buy the $2150 Technology package"
Does this mean that on the MY15 you CAN stream music from your phone (e.g., Pandora) without paying for technology package? I hope so! Even the base 2015 VW GTI which costs about $26,000 before options has that feature. TIA for any clarification.
hyperzulu commented:
July 20, 2014, 12:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitt View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but on the 2015, 6NH (Hands-free Bluetooth and USB audio connection) is standard. Does this allow you to stream music? On the MY14, the technology package gives you 6NS (Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration), but that's missing on the 2015. I just re-read C&D test of the 2014, and they say that:
Does this mean that on the MY15 you CAN stream music from your phone (e.g., Pandora) without paying for technology package? I hope so! Even the base 2015 VW GTI which costs about $26,000 before options has that feature. TIA for any clarification.
Yes. 6NH has been enhanced for MY2015 across all lines.
Vitt commented:
July 20, 2014, 6:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Yes. 6NH has been enhanced for MY2015 across all lines.
That's good news. Thank you.
tim330i commented:
July 21, 2014, 10:10 am

More info on 6NH vs 6NS here -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...8185&highlight
Vitt commented:
July 21, 2014, 10:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Thanks