Look out BMW i8 - Audi R8 e-tron is coming
-Image: Audi USA
Audi is planning on putting their R8 e-tron into limited production. The e-tron is Audi's zero-emission two-seater supercar.
The R8 e-tron is expected to share the styling of the soon to be launched, second-generation R8. Few details were available. However, originally the R8 e-tron's production was binned due to concerns about its 134 mile range. Apparently, that has now changed. With advances in lithium-ion battery technology, the range has reportedly increased to 248.5 miles! As far as other performance specs, Autocar drove an original prototype back in May. This R8 e-tron utilized two electric motors, producing a combined output of 376 horsepower and 605 torques. Its 0-62 was claimed to be 4.2 seconds and was to reach a limited 124 mph top speed. Look out i8!
The R8 e-tron will likely lead off some future smaller, more affordable, electric models by Audi.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- 2006 330I Navigation disc update
- Suspension Issue
- Engine Shaking on Cold Start N54
- BMW 335 2010 Vs Golf R 3015
- My 09 Alphine White E90 Build Giveaway
- Just sharing my 330i
- BMW 320d Total Electrical Failure
- Is an AGM battery really needed?
- BMW Base Rack Powder Coat
- Car won't start, brake won't depress....any ideas??