Look out BMW i8 - Audi R8 e-tron is coming
-Image: Audi USA
Audi is planning on putting their R8 e-tron into limited production. The e-tron is Audi's zero-emission two-seater supercar.
The R8 e-tron is expected to share the styling of the soon to be launched, second-generation R8. Few details were available. However, originally the R8 e-tron's production was binned due to concerns about its 134 mile range. Apparently, that has now changed. With advances in lithium-ion battery technology, the range has reportedly increased to 248.5 miles! As far as other performance specs, Autocar drove an original prototype back in May. This R8 e-tron utilized two electric motors, producing a combined output of 376 horsepower and 605 torques. Its 0-62 was claimed to be 4.2 seconds and was to reach a limited 124 mph top speed. Look out i8!
The R8 e-tron will likely lead off some future smaller, more affordable, electric models by Audi.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Front jumper post on 2007 328i do not work????
- Dash cam mount (front and back)
- to keep or not to keep 328 2011 after lease end
- sirius radio free promotion
- Parts Equivalent for 318i in the USA?
- E90 LCI sedan with halogen headlights - H7 Halogen to H7 Led
- 328Xi misfire
- tire inflation
- The Borg draws its first collective breath