i3 Electronaut Edition in the Works
The BMW i3 has yet to make its debut here in the US, and a special edition may already be in the works.
This special will be called the Electronaut Edition. Electronauts are what ActiveE drivers are called, just in case you wondering where it gets its name. It will feature a bit of special equipment and an exclusive color combination. The i3 Electronaut Edition will be propelled by the same powerplant as the normal i3, with 170 horsepower and 184 torques, capable of a run to 62 in just over 7 seconds. As an option the range extender motor, a 650cc 2-cylinder gas engine, can also be added to keep you moving for up to 186 miles. No word on what the 'special equipment' is yet.
If this Electronaut Edition actually gets launched in the states, we'll still be waiting until at least the second quarter of 2014, when the standard i3 is to debut.
Read more about the i3 here!
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- tell me the maximal speed
- 2007 BMW 328xi - crank no start
- Cluster change / mileage recorded?
- Stalling on start
- E90 steering
- Need recommendation for rotors for 2010 328xi
- VANOS warranty letter
- Regular fuel in a BMW???????
- e92 328i O2 sensor failure, clunk noise in drive shaft
- Ceramic vs Metalic Tinting