i3 Electronaut Edition in the Works
The BMW i3 has yet to make its debut here in the US, and a special edition may already be in the works.
This special will be called the Electronaut Edition. Electronauts are what ActiveE drivers are called, just in case you wondering where it gets its name. It will feature a bit of special equipment and an exclusive color combination. The i3 Electronaut Edition will be propelled by the same powerplant as the normal i3, with 170 horsepower and 184 torques, capable of a run to 62 in just over 7 seconds. As an option the range extender motor, a 650cc 2-cylinder gas engine, can also be added to keep you moving for up to 186 miles. No word on what the 'special equipment' is yet.
If this Electronaut Edition actually gets launched in the states, we'll still be waiting until at least the second quarter of 2014, when the standard i3 is to debut.
Read more about the i3 here!
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- What is the problem with my 328i?
- I got no Buc's and desperate
- Angel Eye Installation
- 328i Coupe Spoiler Lip
- 2006 BMW 325i Oil / Coolant Questions
- Can the A/C compressor be replaced and used without a refill ?
- Can someone in the Los Angeles area help with my Jb4 and FF Wires install?
- Warning lights on dashboard after service
- iDrive screen colors changed
- The END of BMW as we know it