Tesla 3 series killer Model E coming to Detroit in 2015
The Model S fires haven't slowed Tesla down in the development of new models. Their Model E, should be debuted next year at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show.
According to Tesla's Chief Designer, Franz von Holzhausen, this 3rd generation platform Model E, 'Leads Tesla to a new level. The car will show what we are about, to build electric cars for the masses.' The Model E be more affordable. It will also utilize the much of the same technology as the S, but wrapped up in a smaller package, to compete with the BMW 3 Series.
Given the flowing design of the Model S, I'm looking forward to seeing what the Model E will look like. One thing is for sure, going by an earlier interview with von Holzhausen, it won't look anything like BMW's i3. You can read about that here.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Rear Blinker Issues on 2010 328i
- e92 335i Jb4 - Can it do this?
- Best intake for E92 328xi
- Lock Acuator Programming (Or Not)
- Washington DC Indy ?
- Carpet Mat recommendations?
- Doors not automatically lock when driving
- M-Sport Steering Wheel: LCI into Pre-LCI
- E90 LCI Coding / Programing In Ottawa!
- Retrofit auto lights and wipers