Turner Announces 2014 Driver Lineup and Season Plans
With only days remaining until the Roar Before the Rolex 24 at Daytona, Turner Motorsport is anxious to announce its full plans and driver line-up for the 2014 season in both the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge.
Turner Motorsport will campaign two GS-class BMW M3s for race-winning drivers Paul Dalla Lana and Michael Marsal. They will be accompanied by Bill Auberlen and Tom Kimber-Smith, respectively. The Turner drivers will return to the yellow and blue BMW M3s for another season in the competitive production-based GS class. The familiar No. 96 and No. 97 cars aim to recapture another GS Championship (the last captured in 2011.)
Tom Kimber-Smith will return to a Turner BMW after co-driving with Michael Marsal last season in the last Rolex GT class race at Lime Rock Park. Kimber-Smith has enjoyed much success in sports car racing with 3 x 24 Hour of Le Mans career victories and several British Touring Car championship victories.
"The season can't come soon enough for me, I've been excited to get behind the wheel of the Turner Motorsport No 97 BMW M3 since the deal was done." Said Tom Kimber-Smith. "I will be driving with my good friend Michael Marsal who has shown that he is one of the top drivers in the series. So the package is very strong and I can't wait to showcase this all at the Roar. 2014 is going to be the toughest ever year for the Continental series and I am proud to be in the Yellow and Blue BMW."
The shuffling of classes and rules for the inaugural TUDOR United SportsCar Championship forced Turner to reassess its current GT race program in order to find the most competitive racecar for 2014. Turner has acquired Z4 GT3 BMWs to compete in the GT-D class of the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. Turner GT class veteran Paul Dalla Lana will be accompanied by the young up and coming Dane Cameron in the No. 94 Turner BMW Z4 GT-D car for the full 2014 season.
Cameron is undoubtedly one of the most talented young drivers in the American sports car scene today, voted one of the Top Ten best drivers in the Rolex series scoring his first GT win in 2012. With a very strong background in open wheel racing, Cameron has had success in both ALMS and Grand-AM driving both prototype and GT cars. Most recently Cameron drove on a full time basis in the Rolex Series in a Daytona Prototype in 2013, qualifying on pole at Lime Rock Park in the last ever Rolex Series race.
2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Schedule:
- Jan. 25-26 – Rolex 24 at Daytona
- March 15 – Twelve Hours of Sebring
- April 12 – Long Beach (Prototype and GTLM only)
- May 4 – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- May 31 – Detroit Belle Isle (P, PC and GTD only)
- June 29 – Six Hours of The Glen
- July 13 – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- July 25 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- August 10 – Road America
- August 24 – Virginia International Raceway (GTLM/GTD race; PC race)
- September 20 – Circuit of The Americas
- October 4 – Petit Le Mans
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- 335 xdrive kw v1 coilover install
- Daft question but.....
- Computer reset - drive cycles
- How Do I Stack the Top Safely ???
- JB4 reading in 1500 increments?
- Air filter removal, motor died? New here!
- N52 Intake Camshaft removal/install - need spring remover?
- oil consumption -consumer reports
- how to play videos in BMW320D highline 2011 model
- Widest tires that are possible