Next gen M3 and M4 pricing Confirmed: $62,000 and $64,200

by Bimmerfest.com Member - hk401 on January 14, 2014, 1:10 pm
BMW M3 and M4 pricing announced

Confirmed US MSRP base prices for the 2015 BMW M3 and 2014 BMW M4 -
  • 2015 F80 M3: $62,000
  • 2015 F82 M4: $64,200
  • Destination and handling $925 (currently - subject to change)
Manual transmission is standard with DCT being an add-on option. This represents a serious jump in pricing over the out going E90 and E92 M3 factoring in inflation, high tech construction with carbon fiber and additional base equipment it is not out of line and cheaper then some expected. Package and option will be similar to F30/F32 pricing, for more ordering information take a peak at the M3/M4 dealer demo ordering sheets.

BMW M3 / M4 Timeline
  • January 18th-26th - Public debut at Detroit Auto Show
  • End of January, early February - Full dealer pricing and order guides released
  • February - Dealers allocations assigned and customer order bank opens
  • March - Stat of Production for dealer demo and launch cars
  • Late April - Start of production for customer cars.
  • Mid June - Press drive and media launch
  • Late June - Customer deliveries start and European Delivery begin

About the F80 M3 and F82 M4
The all-new BMW M3 Sedan and first-ever BMW M4 Coupe are examples of the legendary BMW M engineering which emphasizes a synthesis of motorsport technology with unrestricted daily driving versatility. World-class engine and powertrain technologies, along with intelligent lightweight vehicle construction through extensive use of exotic construction materials, add to the intensity of the M feeling and driving experience. The extensive weight-reduction efforts of the BMW M engineers should not be under looked. The new BMW M3 and BMW M4 are the first BMW M cars to see a reduction in curb weight from one generation to the next. Both models are equipped with an all-new 3.0-liter inline-6 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology and increased performance levels that distinguish them from previous generations of the M3 family, delivering 425 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque. Both the M3 Sedan and M4 Coupe accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds when equipped with the optional M-DCT transmission. By setting new segment standards in terms of dynamics, agility, precise handling and emotional design, the new BMW M3 Sedan and BMW M4 Coupe have set the benchmark for the high-performance segment created by the M3 many years ago.

Read more about the 2015 BMW M4
bmw-m3-bmw-m4-announced 1bmw-m3-bmw-m4-announced 2bmw-m3-bmw-m4-announced 3bmw-m3-bmw-m4-announced 4bmw-m3-bmw-m4-announced 5bmw-m3-bmw-m4-announced 6bmw-m3-bmw-m4-announced 7bmw-m3-bmw-m4-announced 8bmw-m3-bmw-m4-announced 9bmw-m3-bmw-m4-announced 10bmw-m3-bmw-m4-announced 11bmw-m3-bmw-m4-announced 12


Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.










27 responses to Next gen M3 and M4 pricing Confirmed: $62,000 and $64,200

Keepittrill commented:
January 14, 2014, 1:17 pm

No way. That's MUCH cheaper than I thought.


Actually, I'll reserve my opinion for when they release the options list. I have a feeling nothing is going to be standard...


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
SuperTerp commented:
January 14, 2014, 1:18 pm

What awesome!
hk401 commented:
January 14, 2014, 5:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepittrill View Post
No way. That's MUCH cheaper than I thought.


Actually, I'll reserve my opinion for when they release the options list. I have a feeling nothing is going to be standard...


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I heard they said Navi. and 19'' wheel included as base price. But still not sure
zibawala commented:
January 14, 2014, 6:49 pm

How much is DCT
beware_phog commented:
January 14, 2014, 6:51 pm

Base M3 Sedan in 2011 was $55,900. So about a 10% increase at the base.
tim330i commented:
January 14, 2014, 6:51 pm

We won't know exact option pricing until the order sheets come out. It currently costs $2900, I wouldn't expect any significant change in the price.

Tim
tim330i commented:
January 14, 2014, 6:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beware_phog View Post
Base M3 Sedan in 2011 was $55,900. So about a 10% increase at the base.
That doesn't factor in changes to base equipment and inflation (if there was any). Once we have the complete pricing sheets it will be easier to determine the true price increase.

Tim
Technic commented:
January 14, 2014, 7:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beware_phog View Post
Base M3 Sedan in 2011 was $55,900. So about a 10% increase at the base.
That was at the beginning of MY2011... by MY2011.75 the MSRP was about $57,575 (including destination). .
tim330i commented:
January 14, 2014, 7:55 pm

Pricing updated to reflect CORRECT confirmed US base MSRP.

Tim
boramkiv commented:
January 14, 2014, 10:32 pm

Cheaper than I thought too!
Now the question is manual transmission or not. The DCT makes the car heavier, but makes up the difference in speed.
Decisions, decisions...
GregW in Oregon commented:
January 14, 2014, 11:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk401 View Post
I heard they said Navi. and 19'' wheel included as base price. But still not sure
Is for Canada, but no info for US yet.
mark_m5 commented:
January 21, 2014, 2:48 pm

But... but... no V8 roar anymore?
Alpine300ZHP commented:
January 21, 2014, 5:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_m5 View Post
But... but... no V8 roar anymore?
Nope. Only way to get that is a new Audi RS5 or C63. I suspect the new RS5 and C63 may turn into blown 6 cylinders too.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
mark_m5 commented:
January 21, 2014, 7:45 pm

Yeah. It's hard to believe that the new M5 has digital engine sounds piped into the cabin through the speakers. That's the height of lame. So to get a real roar, have to go to another manufacturer. Sad.
Alpine300ZHP commented:
January 23, 2014, 11:19 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_m5 View Post
Yeah. It's hard to believe that the new M5 has digital engine sounds piped into the cabin through the speakers. That's the height of lame. So to get a real roar, have to go to another manufacturer. Sad.
Or aftermarket exhaust. They are so popular that M performance now offers the Akrapovic exhaust installed at the dealer with full warranty. It sounds awesome and I may get it on the m5 if I go that route.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Keepittrill commented:
January 23, 2014, 11:32 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
Or aftermarket exhaust. They are so popular that M performance now offers the Akrapovic exhaust installed at the dealer with full warranty. It sounds awesome and I may get it on the m5 if I go that route.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
On all models?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Alpine300ZHP commented:
January 23, 2014, 12:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepittrill View Post
On all models?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
No. Only some models. I am not sure which models have the option besides the m5. I got an invite to test out a m performance m5 last weekend at my local dealer so that is how I found out what m performance stuff is now available for that car. My dealer knows I am a M junkie so I get random invites for testing demo cars and track days, ect. FWIW I loved the Akra exhaust....quieter at highway speeds than my m3 and nice growl around town. Not as special as the E92 M3, but very good and much more tolerable on a long highway drive versus the M3.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
angelz3 commented:
February 5, 2014, 10:20 pm

Can't wait, got my configuration confirmation today but no price yet.
SuperTerp commented:
February 8, 2014, 3:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_m5 View Post
Yeah. It's hard to believe that the new M5 has digital engine sounds piped into the cabin through the speakers. That's the height of lame. So to get a real roar, have to go to another manufacturer. Sad.
Have you driven it for more than a test drive lol? Your commenting on something you really don't know about there isn't some blaring fake sound pumping through the cabin. If you put a custom exhaust on automatically cancels whatever they're pumping through the cabin, and if you blast music you'll never hear it anyway.


Its a non issue and thats from someone who owns the car, not just from internet reading.
-=Hot|Ice=- commented:
February 8, 2014, 5:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Have you driven it for more than a test drive lol? Your commenting on something you really don't know about there isn't some blaring fake sound pumping through the cabin. If you put a custom exhaust on automatically cancels whatever they're pumping through the cabin, and if you blast music you'll never hear it anyway.


Its a non issue and thats from someone who owns the car, not just from internet reading.
Unfortunately, there is. The noise you hear inside the cabin is recorded and fake. This is coming from someone who's spent countless hours behind the wheel of an F10 M5.
bluejayfan commented:
February 8, 2014, 6:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Unfortunately, there is. The noise you hear inside the cabin is recorded and fake. This is coming from someone who's spent countless hours behind the wheel of an F10 M5.
It takes about 5 minutes to turn (code) it off, and if you would you'd find out that the amount of 'fake sound' is a very small fraction of what you hear inside the cabin.
-=Hot|Ice=- commented:
February 9, 2014, 12:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjayfan View Post
It takes about 5 minutes to turn (code) it off, and if you would you'd find out that the amount of 'fake sound' is a very small fraction of what you hear inside the cabin.
Code it off and you hear nothing except the vacuum cleaning whoosh of the turbo's. I just fail to understand how Porsche can tune a TT V6 in an SUV to sound better than a TT V8 in what is supposedly a 'sporty' sedan and a flagship.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjA5F2grbw8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM0xLja4Rt4

You tell me which sounds better
bluejayfan commented:
February 9, 2014, 1:36 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Code it off and you hear nothing except the vacuum cleaning whoosh of the turbo's. I just fail to understand how Porsche can tune a TT V6 in an SUV to sound better than a TT V8 in what is supposedly a 'sporty' sedan and a flagship.
I think the video makes my point, the sound is not very different. Funny thing is that outside, it sounds the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
You tell me which sounds better
That wasn't the question or the point though, was it?
Shades commented:
February 9, 2014, 7:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Unfortunately, there is. The noise you hear inside the cabin is recorded and fake. This is coming from someone who's spent countless hours behind the wheel of an F10 M5.
The info that I have read is that the sound is real engine noise that is being played through the speakers.The sound is not recorded.
SuperTerp commented:
February 10, 2014, 5:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Unfortunately, there is. The noise you hear inside the cabin is recorded and fake. This is coming from someone who's spent countless hours behind the wheel of an F10 M5.
lol I don't hear anything but the B&O
tim330i commented:
February 19, 2014, 9:46 am

F80 M3 and F82 M4 order and pricing guides are now available!

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=753911

Tim
FCBayernFTW commented:
February 20, 2014, 5:15 pm

Military sales prices?

_______________________

"...and that's the bottom line!"