BMW's 2 Series Active Tourer VS. ????

by Bernie McGroarty on February 14, 2014, 3:22 pm
The Active Tourer is the 2nd member of BMW's 2 Series line-up taking on the premium compact class. Unlike the 2 Series, the Active Tourer will feature a cutting-edge front wheel drive set-up.

BMW's 2 Series Active Tourer will celebrate its world premier at the Geneva International Motor Show in March. So, we figured some photo comparisons are in order, just to see how the Active Tourer would stack up against some other cars. I think it held up quite well against some tough competition, don't you?

active
VS. Rav4!

active
VS. Mazda 5!

active
VS. R Class!

active
VS. Fit (Round 1)!

active
VS. Fit (Round 2)!

active
VS. Aztek!

active
VS. Sandero!

Now go and read more about the Active Tourer here!

11 responses to BMW's 2 Series Active Tourer VS. ????

miko_10 commented:
February 14, 2014, 5:35 pm

My eyes hurt
dunderhi commented:
February 14, 2014, 10:02 pm

What about the Mercedes GLA?

iamthewalrus commented:
February 14, 2014, 10:18 pm

I live in a new (completed in 2002) high-end condo building in Seattle, and I marvel at how my neighbors fit 3-series, 5-series, and even Mercedes S-class into incredibly tight spots. And then they live in fear of door dings. Urban consumers' needs are changing. BMW needs to compete with the following offerings:

Mercedes GLA: http://www.newcartestdrive.com/sneak...s&ReviewID=508

VW GTI: http://www.newcartestdrive.com/sneak...I&ReviewID=487

Audi A3: http://www.newcartestdrive.com/sneak...3&ReviewID=370

All are front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive derived from front-wheel drive. Engines are transversely mounted keeping the overall length of the car manageable and small.

-James
Seattle, WA
SilverX3 commented:
February 15, 2014, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by miko_10 View Post
My eyes hurt
Will be more like this to come

And more FWD too

SilverX3 commented:
February 16, 2014, 8:39 pm

More like Rav4 with BM badge

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using BimmerApp mobile app
Orbie commented:
February 17, 2014, 12:23 pm

I think it's pretty obvious the most direct competitor is the MB B class. The Fit is a pretty good match too. But it's not a GLA competitor, that is still the X1.
m8o commented:
February 17, 2014, 1:02 pm

... vs. the Mini Countryman/Paceman.
BentZero commented:
February 18, 2014, 1:00 pm

Kia Carens. Look up the comparison pics on CarBuzz. It's uncanny.