Bimmerfest member 'Shades' Black Sapphire Metallic M235i test drive
I took an M235i for a ride today.The design looks even better in person than it does in pictures.
The car handles great and the steering felt much tighter than the 4 series M Sport i drove a few months ago.I was really impressed with how great it handled the tight corners at high speeds.The roads were covered in salt dust and the Michelin PSS's just hugged the road through the corners.I stll prefer the handling of my M3 but this car is fun to drive.
The car feels just a tad smaller inside than my E46 M3 but it defintely has enough room for me.The seating position is very similar to the E46,where you are sitting more upright in the car which i prefer.
It would have been great to drive the car in the manual but it was impressive how quickly the automatic shifts in sport.If i was ordering the car i would still choose the manaul.
With great handling and plenty of power for most people BMW is going to sell tons of these cars.
I am very excited to put an order in for the M2 when it is officially released.
Here are some pics,
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Rear Control Bolt Broke - Questions
- Positive Battery Terminal under hood has some play to it
- Car Smells Burned
- After market bumper/hood recommendation for '11 E92
- 2007 328i - Used Car Purchase - Things to Look for
- 2009 E92 xenon question
- service info says -3200..?
- Diagnose intermittent ticking noise on 2008 328i
- 2011 328i Engine Oil Low
- Rear Speaker noise when car is off