2014 Audi A6 and S6 earn 5-star government crash test ratings
The 2014 Audi A6 sedan and the 2014 Audi S6 sport sedan received the highest ratings possible in U.S. government testing achieving an impressive 5-star rating for crashworthiness and safety.
The coveted 5-star rating was achieved by both the A6 and S6 based on their outstanding performance in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). The 5-star rating was awarded for frontal, side and rollover tests resulting in the 5-star overall rating. The A6 and S6 are the only German mid-sized luxury sedans to be awarded 5 stars in all categories. The NHTSA 5-star Safety Ratings System was designed to provide consumers with information about crashworthiness, crash avoidance and other areas that help improve the safety of new vehicles beyond what is required by statute.
Key standard safety systems include:
- Impact protection, including reinforced high-strength steel and aluminum, reinforced bumpers and a rigid occupant cell as well as relying on extensive crash test modeling contribute to the 5-star rating.
- Hydraulic brake assist, standard equipment in every A6 and S6, that automatically senses emergency braking and applies maximum available power boost to reduce overall stopping distance
- Front, side, head curtain and knee airbags, along with front passenger occupant detection are standard equipment in every A6 and S6
- Crash sensors that automatically unlock doors, activate interior lighting and hazard warning lights, and switches off the fuel pump and engine
- Front three-point safety belts w/ automatic pretensioning and force limiters
For more information on the NHTSA and the NCAP visit www.safercar.gov.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- E91 Wagon (2006 – 2012) OEM Accessories: Roof Rack, Ski & Snowboard Holder, Cargo Lin
- P0171/P0174 on '07 328i E92
- Just bought an 09 328
- Can I take my car anywhere for repairs?
- E91(wagon) Sirius module location
- 2007 e92 328i Sport Package: How big can I go on wheel spacers?
- 2007 328xi and no TPMS, but warning went off
- Waterboy DOWN
- ZF Transmission Adaptation Values - Tracking / Comparison
- Sagging rear interior panels after gladen upgrade