2014 Audi A6 and S6 earn 5-star government crash test ratings
The 2014 Audi A6 sedan and the 2014 Audi S6 sport sedan received the highest ratings possible in U.S. government testing achieving an impressive 5-star rating for crashworthiness and safety.
The coveted 5-star rating was achieved by both the A6 and S6 based on their outstanding performance in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). The 5-star rating was awarded for frontal, side and rollover tests resulting in the 5-star overall rating. The A6 and S6 are the only German mid-sized luxury sedans to be awarded 5 stars in all categories. The NHTSA 5-star Safety Ratings System was designed to provide consumers with information about crashworthiness, crash avoidance and other areas that help improve the safety of new vehicles beyond what is required by statute.
Key standard safety systems include:
- Impact protection, including reinforced high-strength steel and aluminum, reinforced bumpers and a rigid occupant cell as well as relying on extensive crash test modeling contribute to the 5-star rating.
- Hydraulic brake assist, standard equipment in every A6 and S6, that automatically senses emergency braking and applies maximum available power boost to reduce overall stopping distance
- Front, side, head curtain and knee airbags, along with front passenger occupant detection are standard equipment in every A6 and S6
- Crash sensors that automatically unlock doors, activate interior lighting and hazard warning lights, and switches off the fuel pump and engine
- Front three-point safety belts w/ automatic pretensioning and force limiters
For more information on the NHTSA and the NCAP visit www.safercar.gov.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Pairing iPhone 6 with standard audio (not iDrive)
- Theories on new problem with my 2011 328xi
- 335i battery issues
- water pump or fan problem
- 2011 328i M Sport Le Mans or Montego Blue?
- Ticking noise on 2010 328xi
- Drive train vibration
- Johnny Cab a-comin' on....BMW???
- Unidentified Clip / Bracket !!
- DRL Problem