Jaguar XE coming in 2015 to compete with the 3 Series
Jaguar has been on top of their game and now they are capitalizing on the popularity of their F-type to roll out an entry level sports sedan to compete with the uber popular BMW 3 series. This new entry level sports sedan called the XE, will fit into Jaguar's line up just under the XF. The XE will roll on a new advanced aluminum architecture chassis, offering the both light weight and strength, for exceptional handling and performance. The new Jag will also be available with a fresh choice of engines, called the 'Ingenium' engine family, that can be set up for both rear drive and all wheel drive configurations.
We are likely a couple years out on the launch of the XE. Here in the US we could see it mid to late 2015. As long as Jaguar can keep up their momentum and deliver something exciting, BMW, Mercedes and Audi should be worried. The entry level sports sedan segment has become quite crowed, and with the possibility of Tesla's smaller, less expensive EV, the 'Model E' coming in 2015, BMW may have a couple more cars they don't want to compete with.
Check out the video of the XE:
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Just upgraded from 2001 330i to a 2008 335i
- e90:Potential flywheel and clutch problem?
- E91 Wagon Roof Rack same as X5?
- Help me please I need to find out what's wrong ASAP
- Long Term Storage Question 2007 328xi
- Google Map audio via BT on Android?
- About to purchase a 335i coupe! - Any advice?
- 335i Water Pump Failure - any support from BMW NA?
- 19" Staggered M wheels & Tires FOR SALE
- Increase time for seat belt assist