BMW increases engine production by 400,000
According to a recent article by 4 Wheels News, BMW will be increasing its engine production in China with new facility in Shenyang. The new facility is located next to the BMW assembly plant in Shenyang's Tiexi district and should up their engine production capacity to 400,000 units a year. The increased capacity is said to help lower BMW's shipping costs and help them avoid import taxes.
This new plant will start its production in 2016, and it only build four cylinder petrol engines for vehicles produced at the local assembly plant. The plants capacity will start at 200,000 units and can be pushed up to 400,000 if the demand is there. The new facility will be operated as a joint-venture between BMW and Brilliance China Automotive Holdings.
Source 4 Wheels News
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Car completely died on me and my top is down
- is this a decent deal on a 07 328xi?
- What should I be searching for on Google?? Trailer Wiring
- What did you do to your E9X Today?
- Angel Lights
- 3 codes found after install of Injen intake on my 335i
- F10 rim for E90
- Battery Question
- Avg Life Of Brake Pads
- BMW 325i 2.5L - Worth modding?