BMW increases engine production by 400,000
According to a recent article by 4 Wheels News, BMW will be increasing its engine production in China with new facility in Shenyang. The new facility is located next to the BMW assembly plant in Shenyang's Tiexi district and should up their engine production capacity to 400,000 units a year. The increased capacity is said to help lower BMW's shipping costs and help them avoid import taxes.
This new plant will start its production in 2016, and it only build four cylinder petrol engines for vehicles produced at the local assembly plant. The plants capacity will start at 200,000 units and can be pushed up to 400,000 if the demand is there. The new facility will be operated as a joint-venture between BMW and Brilliance China Automotive Holdings.
Source 4 Wheels News
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Armrest USB stopped playing music
- E90 55 plate Breather Pipe Issue
- New Popping / Settling Sound 335i
- Severe rumble/vibration after lowering springs
- My wipers dead - #39 FUSE
- Airbag Recall - Anyone had it done?
- Looking at 2011 328I HT convertable
- Engine start issue. E91 2007 n43. DIS 57 tested.
- E93 2009 cabrio usb not working
- Need advise what to pick?