BMW increases engine production by 400,000
According to a recent article by 4 Wheels News, BMW will be increasing its engine production in China with new facility in Shenyang. The new facility is located next to the BMW assembly plant in Shenyang's Tiexi district and should up their engine production capacity to 400,000 units a year. The increased capacity is said to help lower BMW's shipping costs and help them avoid import taxes.
This new plant will start its production in 2016, and it only build four cylinder petrol engines for vehicles produced at the local assembly plant. The plants capacity will start at 200,000 units and can be pushed up to 400,000 if the demand is there. The new facility will be operated as a joint-venture between BMW and Brilliance China Automotive Holdings.
Source 4 Wheels News
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Uh oh, I think I broke something...
- E90 328xi mt to MK7 GTI DSG
- LR window moves in 2" increments after regulator replacement
- 328 vs 335
- Esthetique suggestions
- a/c slow to start after sitting overnight
- 2009 328XI FORKLIFT DAMAGED OIL PAN (auction car), now No Spark!
- E90 335i HID Problem
- steering rack
- Help Me Find OEM M-tech Bumpers