BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe to make its North American debut in New York.

11K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  beden1 
#1 ·
NYIAS

The BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe will make its world debut and the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe, BMW ALPINA B6 xDrive Gran Coupe, updated BMW X3 and BMW Concept X5 eDrive will make their North American debuts at the 2014 New York International Auto Show on Wednesday, April 16, at the BMW Stand at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, 655 West 34th Street (at 11th Avenue), Manhattan. English and Spanish speaking BMW representatives will be available for interviews throughout the day.

The BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe combines the performance and capability of a premium Sports Activity Vehicle with the style and elegance of a traditional coupe. In the U.S., the X4 will be offered with a choice of two TwinPower Turbo engines. The X4 xDrive28i, with a MSRP of $45,625 (including Destination & Handling), will feature BMW's award-winning 240 horsepower 2.0-liter four cylinder, producing peak torque of 260 lb-ft and 0-60 mph in 6.0 seconds. The top-of-line X4 xDrive35i, with an MSRP of $48,925 (including Destination & Handling), will feature BMW's venerable 300 horsepower 3.0-liter inline six, producing peak torque of 300 lb-ft and 0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds. Both models include an 8-speed Steptronic sport automatic transmission with shift paddles as well as xDrive, BMW's intelligent all-wheel drive system. The BMW X4 will begin production in spring 2014 exclusively at BMW's U.S. production facility in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

The BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe adds a fresh dimension to one of the company's newest model ranges. It combines the sleek look and sporty character of the 4 Series Coupe with the functionality provided by four-doors and a spacious, flexible luggage compartment. The 2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe arrives in the U.S. in early summer of 2014 with two engine choices. The 428i Gran Coupe will feature BMW's award-winning 240 horsepower TwinPower Turbo 2.0-liter four-cylinder, achieving peak torque of 255 lb-ft (0-60 mph in 5.7 seconds) and the 435i Gran Coupe will be powered by the much-lauded 300 horsepower TwinPower Turbo 3.0-liter inline six achieving peak torque of 300 lb-ft (0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds). The 428i xDrive Gran Coupe will also be available at launch with BMW's intelligent all-wheel drive system. All versions will be offered in the U.S. with an 8-speed sport automatic transmission. Prices in the U.S. will start at a base MSRP of $41,225, including $925 Destination & Handling for the 428i Gran Coupe, $43,225, including Destination & Handling, for the 428i xDrive Gran Coupe, and $46,725, including $925 Destination & Handling for the 435i Gran Coupe.

The 2015 BMW ALPINA B6 xDrive Gran Coupe delivers exceptional 0-60 mph in only 3.7 seconds. The 540-horsepower and 540 lb-ft output of the 4.4-liter ALPINA bi-Turbo V8 is channeled through an 8 speed Sports Automatic Transmission with ALPINA Switch-Tronic and BMW's xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive system. Electronic Damping Control and Active Roll Stabilization technology work together with the fully variable torque distribution of the xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive system. The seamless integration of chassis and powertrain enables agile and neutral driving dynamics that meet the highest demands for sportiness, comfort and all-weather traction. With a top speed of 198 mph, the BMW ALPINA B6 xDrive Gran Coupe impresses not only through its effortless and confident super-high performance, but also with its finely balanced handling and smooth refinement. The 2015 BMW ALPINA B6 Gran Coupe will go on sale in spring 2014 for $118,225, including $925 Destination & Handling.

In the BMW Concept X5 eDrive, the innovative EfficientDynamics drive technology BMW eDrive and the intelligent all-wheel drive system BMW xDrive are united for the first time. The combination of a BMW TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder combustion engine and a 95-horsepower electric motor provides typical BMW performance, with BMW xDrive further increasing the dynamics. At the same time, this powertrain is impressively efficient. The average fuel efficiency of less than 74.3 mpg in the EU test cycle is unrivalled among vehicles in this class, with CO2 emissions of less than 90 grams per kilometer also setting new standards. Via the driving dynamics control switch, different drive modes can be selected. In the fully electric mode, which is free from local emissions, a maximum range of 19 miles is possible - at speeds of up to 75 mph. The BMW Concept X5 eDrive obtains its electrical energy from a (lithium-ion) high-voltage battery, which is accommodated in a space-efficient manner under the flat luggage compartment floor. This means that the room in the vehicle can still be used flexibly, with an almost identical luggage space volume. The high-voltage battery can be charged quickly and conveniently using the BMW home charging station. Alternatively, it can be replenished using any standard household power outlet or at a public charging station.

The BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle expands on the 2010 second-generation BMW X3 with a new offer of BMW Advanced Diesel power in the X3 xDrive28d that enhances efficiency while reducing emissions. There will also be the first-time offer of the rear-wheel drive BMW X3 sDrive28i for the U.S. market, providing a great consumer entry point into the X3 family. The new xDrive28d will feature BMW's 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo diesel 4-cylinder engine producing 180 horsepower and 280 lb-ft of torque and accelerates from 0-60 mph in just under eight seconds. The X3 xDrive28i features BMW 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo gasoline engine, producing 240 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque, achieving 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. The exterior and interior design of the new BMW X3 received stylistic revisions that add further depth to the vehicle's practicality. The new BMW X3 will go on sale in spring 2014 as a 2015 model. In the U.S., the base MSRP will be $39,325 for the X3 sDrive28i, $40,725 for the X3 xDrive28i, $42,825 for the X3 xDrive28d with BMW Advanced Diesel technology, and $45,825 for the top-of-the-line X3 xDrive35i. Pricing includes $925 Destination & Handling.

The BMW i3 will be available for ride-alongs at the EV Pavilion on Level 1 of the Javits Center during show hours on April 16-17 and NYIAS public days.

The BMW 4 Series has been named as one of three finalists for the 2014 World Car Awards' "World Car of the Year" distinction. In addition, the BMW i3 has been named as one of three finalists for both the 2014 "World Green Car" and "World Car Design of the Year" awards. All category winners will be declared at NYIAS on Thursday, April 17.

Check out more info on the new X4 here!

See less See more
#5 ·
I couldn't be more excited about a BMW with 4 doors that helps Dad out of a family Sedan and into a sports Coupe again.

The 4 Gran Coupe is a dream.

BJ
I hope it looks as good in the metal as it does in pictures. I love what I'm seeing in the pics!

#9 ·
More like a four door version of the 4 series. Analogous to the 6 series grand coupe.

#13 ·
Not a car that I have any interest in owning but I look forward to seeing one at the NY Auto Show.

#29 · (Edited)
Is the Corvette a hatchback?
I think this sums it up nicely. How about this:

A "Hatchback" is a car from the 1980's that was a non-sporty box-on-wheels, a precursor to the SUV. Considered a derogatory term when discussing sport sedans and coupes.

Has a "hatchback" describes any car that has a rear window that opens along with the trunk for easy access. Considered a convenience feature on any car, including those that are ascetically attractive and sporty.

So it's all about the capital "H" vs. the lower case "h". Please refer to the 4 Gran Coupe as having a hatchback, not being a Hatchback.

BJ

#26 ·
Is the Corvette a hatchback?

#28 · (Edited)
From Kelley Blue Book

Photos and Videos: 2013 Chevrolet Corvette Hatchback Colors
Browse More Colors: Chevrolet Corvette | Coupe | Hatchback

Exterior
Interior
Color Chart

From Motor Trend

Featured Chevrolet Corvette Hatchback Pricing

2000 Chevrolet Corvette
After researching car specs and pricing information for the used Chevrolet Corvette, you can search our massive repository of used car classifieds in your area. Sort by color, mileage, price and more to find the perfect car you***8217;re looking for.
Consumer Resale Value: $14,090
*******> ********>
*******> ********>
*******> ********>
*******> ********>

*******> ********>

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/used_cars/40/hatchback/chevrolet/corvette/pricing/#ixzz2w0Hr0mWb

#27 ·
Hatchback or not the 4GC is certainly not an econobox.

CA

#30 ·
From the Los Angeles Times

And though BMW insists on calling this new model a coupe, technically it's a really sleek and good-looking hatchback. The kind that shows up to school and immediately gives other hatchbacks an inferiority complex. But the very word "hatchback" is toxic to U.S. consumers, so BMW's reluctance to call it that is understandable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.