Three Minis in the top ten at the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge
Vasilyev leading the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge in the MINI ALL4 Racing at halftime // Three MINI in the top ten .
Munich (DE). After finishing second at the Baja Russia, Vladimir Vasilyev (RU) continues to be in top shape in the FIA World Cup for Cross Country Rallies. The Russian is currently leading the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge in the MINI ALL4 Racing entered by the Monster Energy X-raid Team. With Stephan Schott (DE) in sixth place overall and Erik van Loon (NL) in seventh there are two more MINI ALL4 Racing in the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge’s top ten.
After the first leg, 2014 Dakar Rally winner Joan “Nani“ Roma (ES) led the competition by more than eleven minutes in his MINI ALL4 Racing before he had to retire with stomach problems. Then Vasilyev took the win on leg 2 and the overall lead which he was able to extend to more than nine minutes over Marek Dabrovski (PL) on leg 3.
The Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge is the third round of the FIA World Cup for Cross Country Rallies which ends on 10th April. Ten days later the X-raid Team already sets off again for the next World Cup event at the Sealine Cross Country Rally (20th-25th April) in Qatar. The World Cup offers the opportunity to test the cars in different conditions and to put on more kilometres. Already the reliability of the MINI ALL4 Racing stems from the car’s careful development since its rollout in December 2010.
In November 2013, the X-raid Team won the FIA World Cup for Cross Country Rallies for the sixth time in a row. With Vasilyev leading the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge he is in a promising position to also claim the overall lead in the World Cup standings.
Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge Overall Standings After Leg 3:
1. Vasilyev (RU) MINI ALL4 Racing – 10h 58m 10s
2. Dabrowski (PL) Toyota – 11h 07m 58s
3. Malysz (PL) Toyota – 11h 24m 44s
4. Zapletal (CZ) H3 – 11h 43m 04s
5. Al Helei (AE) Nissan – 11h49m 26s
6. Schott (DE) MINI ALL4 Racing – 12h 07m 11s
7. Van Loon (NL) MINI ALL4 Racing – 12h 49m 35s
FIA World Cup for Cross Country Rallies, race calendar:
14.02. – 16.02. Baja Russia
13.03. – 16.03. Baja Italy
06.04. – 10.04. Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge
20.04. – 25.04. Sealine Cross Country Rally Qatar
18.05. – 25.05. Pharaons Rally Egypt
18.07. – 20.07. Baja Aragon
14.08. – 17.08. Baja Hungary
28.08. – 30.08. Baja Poland
03.10. – 09.10. Rally Morocco
30.10. – 02.11. Baja Portugal
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Played with fuses now it won't start just clicks in fuse box
- Stripped AT filler bolt
- Possibly the Best INPA + tools setup around
- Upgrade headlights / Halo ring/ Exhausts tips
- Buying 2009 - Still a good idea??
- Renting car on turo
- Broken disa
- Car won't start, battery OK
- BMW Wheel Lock, how many splines and code, help me create a list
- Service Engine Light helppp