BMW 9 series: Ultra sedan concept to be previewed at Beijing
-Gran Lusso Coupe based 9 Series render
For those who look at the 7 Series and feel, it's just not enough, I need bigger and more luxurious, BMW may have just the car for you. BMW will be previewing its next big thing, the 9 Series sedan in concept form, at the Beijing Auto Show later this month.
The 9 Series is sounds like it will be BMW's venture into the super-premium, ultra luxury sedan market. Is that too many adjectives? Which seems odd, since they already have Rolls-Royce for that. I've also read in an article by Autonews, that 'it will be positioned alongside the Rolls-Royce Ghost in BMW's global lineup.'
The 9 Series will be based son a new lightweight platform. This new platform will be dubbed G11 and it will be shared with future BMW models, such as the new 7 Series, as well as Rolls-Royce models. The new 9er will feature an extra long wheelbase like the 2015 Mercedes-Benz S600 Maybach that it will take on. To keep the 9 Series easy on the eyes, design elements will be borrowed from BMW's Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupe. It sounds like it will be impressive.
We will have to wait until the end of the month to see what the concept looks like though. Until then, the quick render above is a stretched and sedan'd Gran Lusso Coupe. Maybe it will look something like that. The new 9 Series, along with the next generation 7 Series are expected to go on sale in 2016.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- How Long Did Your Water Pump Last?
- Looking for a good mechanic Huntington NY
- Having problems with windshield trim I installed.
- SES light on after BMS Stage 1
- Any Experience with Automatic Car Adapter & Car Apps (2nd Generation)?
- URGENT HELP NEEDED - BMW 330d M-Sport Convertible
- 2008 335xi Unusual Rear Handling
- 2011 335xdrive msport or 2013 335xdrive msport (I think i did it finally guys!)
- New Ride = New Pics
- Disconnected plug/wire in engine bay