BMW 9 series: Ultra sedan concept to be previewed at Beijing
-Gran Lusso Coupe based 9 Series render
For those who look at the 7 Series and feel, it's just not enough, I need bigger and more luxurious, BMW may have just the car for you. BMW will be previewing its next big thing, the 9 Series sedan in concept form, at the Beijing Auto Show later this month.
The 9 Series is sounds like it will be BMW's venture into the super-premium, ultra luxury sedan market. Is that too many adjectives? Which seems odd, since they already have Rolls-Royce for that. I've also read in an article by Autonews, that 'it will be positioned alongside the Rolls-Royce Ghost in BMW's global lineup.'
The 9 Series will be based son a new lightweight platform. This new platform will be dubbed G11 and it will be shared with future BMW models, such as the new 7 Series, as well as Rolls-Royce models. The new 9er will feature an extra long wheelbase like the 2015 Mercedes-Benz S600 Maybach that it will take on. To keep the 9 Series easy on the eyes, design elements will be borrowed from BMW's Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupe. It sounds like it will be impressive.
We will have to wait until the end of the month to see what the concept looks like though. Until then, the quick render above is a stretched and sedan'd Gran Lusso Coupe. Maybe it will look something like that. The new 9 Series, along with the next generation 7 Series are expected to go on sale in 2016.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Post e92 n54 mileages over 100k!
- 2007 335i Satellite Radio Issues
- 2007 335i manual transmission overheat warning light
- Continental control contact sport as. (REVIEW)
- Service Engine Soon Light
- USB Integration 2008 328i coupe
- 2011 328i xdrive questions
- Upgraded E92 with M control arms and HD Bilsteins and having ride height issues
- Real time help, rim fitment question