First i3s are making there way to dealers and customers.
Today is a pretty big day for BMW in North America. The i3 is officially here. i3’s are arriving at dealerships and will be making their way to anxious customers.
BMW reported delivery of the first all-electric i3 in the US to a Boston resident, Tufts University professor Charles Rabie. AutoSpies had news of the first i3 in the country, at a BMW dealer in New Jersey. This one was actually an Electronaut Edition. Named after what ActiveE drivers are called, this unique edition comes with a fast charging system that allows the vehicle to be charged to 80% in around 30 minutes. Owners of the Eectronaut Edition also gain access to BMW’s i Smart Charging app for Apple and Andriod devices.
Now to wait and see what i3 owners think as they spend some time in their vehicle. Will the i3 be a long term hit for BMW, or will it be a fad that burns out quickly? We are looking forward to hearing from i3 owners to see what they think.
Read about the first i3 customer delivery here!
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Can you guys give opinions on a craigslist post?
- Need some friendly advice... 328 or 135?
- 06 325i - Electrical issues after lightning storm
- brand name fuel or not
- Trim swap
- My collection is complete
- Is it possible to change front wear sensor without removing the wheel?
- Rear Brake pads and Rotors
- Steering wheel swap - paddles fit question
- In search for the classiest and most collectible E90 335i