First i3s are making there way to dealers and customers.
Today is a pretty big day for BMW in North America. The i3 is officially here. i3’s are arriving at dealerships and will be making their way to anxious customers.
BMW reported delivery of the first all-electric i3 in the US to a Boston resident, Tufts University professor Charles Rabie. AutoSpies had news of the first i3 in the country, at a BMW dealer in New Jersey. This one was actually an Electronaut Edition. Named after what ActiveE drivers are called, this unique edition comes with a fast charging system that allows the vehicle to be charged to 80% in around 30 minutes. Owners of the Eectronaut Edition also gain access to BMW’s i Smart Charging app for Apple and Andriod devices.
Now to wait and see what i3 owners think as they spend some time in their vehicle. Will the i3 be a long term hit for BMW, or will it be a fad that burns out quickly? We are looking forward to hearing from i3 owners to see what they think.
Read about the first i3 customer delivery here!
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- someone please help me
- How do you guys feel about RUN-FLATS?
- Performance Chip
- 2007 328i DSC Malfunction
- Adaptive light replacement with aftermarket projector
- trouble code on all o2 sensors e box fuse blown
- Survive The Drive Defensive Driver Training at Lime Rock Park - Thursday June 25th
- 2006 325i issue
- Click/Clunk from mid front section on 328i AT when stopping
- E91 328xi Wagon- Tire and Wheel Help