The LSD for the 2 series has arrived!

by Bimmerfest.com Member - Mullins on May 6, 2014, 11:43 am
”m235ilsd”

For the ultimate in track day performance, the M Performance Limited Slip Differential is here! The clutch-type mechanical differential features a 30% lockup on acceleration and 9% lockup on deceleration. The differential works with the existing DSC system to provide excellent traction wet or dry.

”m235ilsd”

BMW M Performance Limited Slip Differential
Part Number: 33107555610

Price: $2,895.00

Who is busting out their credit cards for this? Had it been available when I placed my M235i order, and if M Performance parts were comparable with European Delivery port install, I think I would have ordered one. Not so sure now...

5 responses to The LSD for the 2 series has arrived!

need4speed commented:
May 6, 2014, 1:28 pm

If you are going to track it, it is prob worth it. For everyday driving, I'm not feeling it. N4S
hyperzulu commented:
May 6, 2014, 2:06 pm

If I can't residualize and have it port installed after my euro delivery, then no. Love the idea, but BMW is reaching with this price. The M235i is supposed to be a daily driver for the enthusiast who doesn't need the track-star abilities of the M model vehicles (or not enough to justify their price). So, this LSD is a nice to have on a car like this for the majority of people who would even consider it (those of us on this board for instance).

It's a clutch type LSD which means it'll require maintenance (opposed to Quaife), it is more expensive, and will require me to pay for the install out of pocket. Plus on lease if it's rolled into residual, I can't keep it after lease maturity... which means I'd be paying around $3500 just for some weekend thrills. That's over $1000 a year for the privilege. Get dafuq outta here.

Might as well wait for the M2 and enjoy whatever else as is and stock until then.
Chris90 commented:
May 6, 2014, 2:10 pm

$2900 huh? Probably some dealers will offer 10-15% off.

YOu should be able to choose your gearing at that price.
Delnari commented:
May 6, 2014, 2:51 pm

ECS Tuning has it for the lowest price I could find so far.

$2482
ECSTuning commented:
May 7, 2014, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
ECS Tuning has it for the lowest price I could find so far.

$2482
I just checked stocking in all the North American warehouses. The site should even be correct on how long it takes for us to bring it in.

-James