The LSD for the 2 series has arrived!

by Bimmerfest.com Member - Mullins on May 6, 2014, 11:43 am
”m235ilsd”

For the ultimate in track day performance, the M Performance Limited Slip Differential is here! The clutch-type mechanical differential features a 30% lockup on acceleration and 9% lockup on deceleration. The differential works with the existing DSC system to provide excellent traction wet or dry.

”m235ilsd”

BMW M Performance Limited Slip Differential
Part Number: 33107555610

Price: $2,895.00

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/46...P-DIFFERENTIAL

Who is busting out their credit cards for this? Had it been available when I placed my M235i order, and if M Performance parts were comparable with European Delivery port install, I think I would have ordered one. Not so sure now...


Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.










18 responses to The LSD for the 2 series has arrived!

need4speed commented:
May 6, 2014, 1:28 pm

If you are going to track it, it is prob worth it. For everyday driving, I'm not feeling it. N4S
hyperzulu commented:
May 6, 2014, 2:06 pm

If I can't residualize and have it port installed after my euro delivery, then no. Love the idea, but BMW is reaching with this price. The M235i is supposed to be a daily driver for the enthusiast who doesn't need the track-star abilities of the M model vehicles (or not enough to justify their price). So, this LSD is a nice to have on a car like this for the majority of people who would even consider it (those of us on this board for instance).

It's a clutch type LSD which means it'll require maintenance (opposed to Quaife), it is more expensive, and will require me to pay for the install out of pocket. Plus on lease if it's rolled into residual, I can't keep it after lease maturity... which means I'd be paying around $3500 just for some weekend thrills. That's over $1000 a year for the privilege. Get dafuq outta here.

Might as well wait for the M2 and enjoy whatever else as is and stock until then.
Chris90 commented:
May 6, 2014, 2:10 pm

$2900 huh? Probably some dealers will offer 10-15% off.

YOu should be able to choose your gearing at that price.
Delnari commented:
May 6, 2014, 2:51 pm

ECS Tuning has it for the lowest price I could find so far.

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2727590/

$2482
ECSTuning commented:
May 7, 2014, 2:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
ECS Tuning has it for the lowest price I could find so far.

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2727590/

$2482
I just checked stocking in all the North American warehouses. The site should even be correct on how long it takes for us to bring it in.

-James
Hoppy6698 commented:
September 13, 2014, 11:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
ECS Tuning has it for the lowest price I could find so far.

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2727590/

$2482
Its up to $2537 now from ECS. Is this the correct link though? It looks nothing like the OP pictures. Were the OP pics for some other M Model?
ZTR commented:
September 14, 2014, 12:46 am

Interesting, but it's way easier to pass on the brakes, than it is to pass on the throttle.
ECSTuning commented:
September 15, 2014, 10:34 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy6698 View Post
Its up to $2537 now from ECS. Is this the correct link though? It looks nothing like the OP pictures. Were the OP pics for some other M Model?
Photo in the opening post are of the LSD unit itself, for display purposes it's a lot flashier than a LSD differential sitting in the housing. Photos on our site are of how it's actually sold, the LSD unit is inside of the differential housing.

-James
ThatKrazyPolak commented:
September 15, 2014, 2:16 pm

Great. Now release an affordable mod like a ****ing strut brace for the 2 series


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
hyperzulu commented:
September 15, 2014, 2:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatKrazyPolak View Post
Great. Now release an affordable mod like a ****ing strut brace for the 2 series


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Get a Civic? Kidding... I thought the 2 had a built-in strut brace anyway... But if you want cheap mods, you bought the wrong brand.
ThatKrazyPolak commented:
September 15, 2014, 2:37 pm

I didn't see a strut brace, unless im mentally deficient. and the strut braces arent that expensive, from what Ive seen the 1 series aluminum brace was around 300 i believe?
ZTR commented:
September 15, 2014, 5:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Get a Civic? Kidding... I thought the 2 had a built-in strut brace anyway... But if you want cheap mods, you bought the wrong brand.
The Driver Mod is almost always the cheapest and most effective mod. Owning a knife does not make one a neurosurgeon- it's all in the skill set.

This is a 10:08 lap of the Nurburgring Norschleife, in traffic (passing 1000cc Superbikes)...in a 4-cylinder diesel commercial cargo van capable of 0-60 in 21 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc
M3Inline6 commented:
September 15, 2014, 6:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTR View Post
The Driver Mod is almost always the cheapest and most effective mod. Owning a knife does not make one a neurosurgeon- it's all in the skill set.

This is a 10:08 lap of the Nurburgring Norschleife, in traffic (passing 1000cc Superbikes)...in a 4-cylinder diesel commercial cargo van capable of 0-60 in 21 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc

That video just made me want to give Sabine some good lovin'. Gotta love a woman who can drive the wheels off of a car (..or van!) and look pretty good doing it.
hyperzulu commented:
September 15, 2014, 6:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
That video just made me want to give Sabine some good lovin'. Gotta love a woman who can drive the wheels off of a car (..or van!) and look pretty good doing it.
I heard she likes it fast.
ZTR commented:
September 15, 2014, 11:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
That video just made me want to give Sabine some good lovin'. Gotta love a woman who can drive the wheels off of a car (..or van!) and look pretty good doing it.
I'm going to be seeing Sabine in a couple of weeks- PM me your phone number and I'll pass it on to her, along with your comment.
ZTR commented:
September 15, 2014, 11:50 pm

We are officially off-topic here, but for the benefit of Deputy M3, I submit the following, my favorite Sabine Schmitz video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tG3Tx1e704
M3Inline6 commented:
September 16, 2014, 1:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTR View Post
We are officially off-topic here, but for the benefit of Deputy M3, I submit the following, my favorite Sabine Schmitz video:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tG3Tx1e704

Yeah! I'll take her. Damn it! I should've done European Delivery and brought her a Tacori ring. LOL!

P.S. Yes, do pass on my number. I'll owe you big.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
I heard she likes it fast.

Oooooo! I suppose I can be a quickie man for an instance. Man, this really did just get way off topic. Hahaha!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
ZTR commented:
September 17, 2014, 8:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
P.S. Yes, do pass on my number. I'll owe you big.
I have not received your telephone number yet.

We leave for Europe in three days, and will be seeing her for about three days around the middle of October.