First i8 Deliveries at the BMW Welt
-pic BMW Twitter
At BMW Welt, eight of the first BMW i8 customers were each presented with their car. The i8 is probably the most anticipated car in BMW's history and I'm sure the lucky recipients have been waiting for this day to come for a while now.
The i8 is the first plug-in hybrid vehicle from BMW Group. Some quick stats on the i8:
- Sports car offering 2+2 seating
- Aerodynamically groundbreaking body design
- Efficient and powerful 1.5 liter 3 cylinder twin power turbo gasoline engine, producing 231 hp/ 236 tq
- Power sent to the rear wheels via six-speed auto box
- Electric motor producing 131 hp/ 184 tq to the front wheels via two stage auto transmission
- Lithium-ion battery with liquid cooling
- First combination of BMW TwinPower Turbo and BMW eDrive technology plus intelligent energy management produce system output of 362 hp (max. torque: 420 kb-ft)
- 94 mpg and a range of 22 miles on electric alone
- 0-60 in 4.4 seconds
- Intelligent lightweight construction with elements including a CFRP passenger cell, doors with a CFRP-aluminum structure
- Weighs in at 3285 lbs.
- Extensive standard equipment and a wide range of ConnectedDrive features
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Any difference between 2007 and 2012 E92
- SES light is on
- Upgrading turbos questions
- Cruise Control Retrofit without LDM / E90 330i 12/2005
- Do I have xenon or halogen headlights?
- Brakes dust covers for 2008 335i
- Brakes for 2008 335i
- N52 Jerks on light throttle, LTFT differences between banks
- Is it really needed to put my rear tyres in front after 20k miles?
- 2006 325I won't start