First i8 Deliveries at the BMW Welt
-pic BMW Twitter
At BMW Welt, eight of the first BMW i8 customers were each presented with their car. The i8 is probably the most anticipated car in BMW's history and I'm sure the lucky recipients have been waiting for this day to come for a while now.
The i8 is the first plug-in hybrid vehicle from BMW Group. Some quick stats on the i8:
- Sports car offering 2+2 seating
- Aerodynamically groundbreaking body design
- Efficient and powerful 1.5 liter 3 cylinder twin power turbo gasoline engine, producing 231 hp/ 236 tq
- Power sent to the rear wheels via six-speed auto box
- Electric motor producing 131 hp/ 184 tq to the front wheels via two stage auto transmission
- Lithium-ion battery with liquid cooling
- First combination of BMW TwinPower Turbo and BMW eDrive technology plus intelligent energy management produce system output of 362 hp (max. torque: 420 kb-ft)
- 94 mpg and a range of 22 miles on electric alone
- 0-60 in 4.4 seconds
- Intelligent lightweight construction with elements including a CFRP passenger cell, doors with a CFRP-aluminum structure
- Weighs in at 3285 lbs.
- Extensive standard equipment and a wide range of ConnectedDrive features
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- How to read BMW-specific diagnostic codes on 2008 335i?
- Front jumper post on 2007 328i do not work????
- Dash cam mount (front and back)
- to keep or not to keep 328 2011 after lease end
- sirius radio free promotion
- Parts Equivalent for 318i in the USA?
- E90 LCI sedan with halogen headlights - H7 Halogen to H7 Led
- 328Xi misfire
- tire inflation