BMW’s Ultimate Driving Experience Launches June 14 in Boston, MA
The nationwide tour through 7 markets runs from June through November, 2014 and will feature BMW’s Teen Driving School at no cost.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – June 9, 2014… BMW is launching the Ultimate Driving Experience, a nationwide tour that will offer dynamic behind-the-wheel driving programs through eight events in seven markets for a total of 74 event days. A popular component of The Ultimate Driving Experience will be the Teen Driving School, which is an extension of the BMW Teen Driving School curriculum taught at the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, SC. The first Ultimate Driving Experience kicks-off June 14-22 in Boston, MA at Gillette Stadium. The Experience will consist of 9-11 day events across the U.S. in the following markets; New York/NJ at MetLife Stadium (Jul 13-20); Chicago, IL at Arlington International Racecourse (July 26-Aug 3); San Francisco, CA at Alameda Point (Aug 16-24); Los Angeles, CA at Santa Anita Racecourse (Sep 6-21); New York/Long Island at Citi Field (Oct 4-12); Miami, FL at Hialeah Park (Oct 25-Nov 2) and Houston, TX at NRG Park (Nov 9-17).
The Teen Driving School is a fully interactive, 4-hour teen driving course featuring the BMW X3 and 3 Series that will be offered at no cost. The Teen Driving School will focus on improving driving skills and increasing road awareness through classroom instruction, driver awareness activities and hands-on driving exercises. A main focus during the Teen Driving School will be creating awareness about the consequences of texting while driving and how it affects not only teens – but everyone who drives a vehicle. Eligible drivers under the age of 21 with a valid learner's permit or driver’s license can register for the school.
“The Ultimate Driving Experience is grounded in BMW’s passion for providing driving enthusiasts with the opportunity to get behind the wheel,” said Trudy Hardy, Vice President, Marketing, BMW of North America. “Incorporating the Teen Driving School into the Experience is an important component of BMW’s continued effort to teach safe driving practices and to educate teens about the dangers of texting and driving.”
The Ultimate Driving Experience will feature over 80 BMW vehicles, from BMW i to BMW M. Attendees will have access to a truly immersive experience including:
- Self-guided, hands-on demos of the BMW 335i Sedan and X5 xDrive50i that at most stops include Hill Descent Control, which is a BMW electronic function that allows for safe descent and proper vehicle balance on uneven surfaces, and Skid Pad, showcasing vehicle control on wet surfaces;
- Street Drives that allow for 30-minute test drives per vehicle of a range of BMW vehicles including the BMW 2 Series, 4 Series, 6 Series and the all-electric BMW i3;
- Autocross, a 2-hour challenging, closed-course driving program featuring the BMW 2 Series and 5 Series that pairs attendees with BMW’s Professional Driving Instructors for a dynamic experience that highlights advanced driving theories, defensive driving techniques and culminates in a pulse-pounding hot lap;
- Car Control Clinic, a full-day driving school that allows drivers to get behind the wheel of a powerful M3 or all-new M235i for an adrenaline-filled day of driving with individual instruction from BMW-certified Professional Drivers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance while learning advanced driving theory. The Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $650.
- Additionally, The Ultimate Driving Experience will feature a main pavilion with interactive displays.
For more information and to register for The BMW Ultimate Driving Experience visit: http://www.bmwusa.com/ude or call 800-558-4BMW (4269). Location and dates subject to change. Follow BMW of North America on Twitter @BMWUSA and Like BMWUSA on Facebook. Hashtag #DrivingIsBelieving.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Coolant Expansion Tank
- Fix of walk away? 2006 325i
- Locate what dealership your BMW came from
- 30FE Code - FRUSTRATED!
- e91 car starts but no internal power
- weird sound from engine compartment
- Valve cover gasket job 2006 330Xi
- e90 transmission problem
- New clueless owner, service price help!!
- 06 330i sport Crankshaft Position sensor issues