We recently saw some photos of two crashed F80 M3s at the track but now we have the first report of an accident with an all-new BMW M4 Coupe in Munich, Germany. It appears that this car is done for after only being on the road for a short period of time. Luckily for the driver, he appears to have escaped with minor injuries.
Here is the translation of the story from tz.de:
Munich - On a green area at the Sendlinger-Tor-Platz was on Monday afternoon last stop for a young man who was with his BMW raced through the city center.
Shortly before the Sendlinger Tor-Platz, a BMW is apparently due to excessive speed in a curve far out of control. The bolide came right of the roadway down, ran over a traffic sign and crashed into a small park head-on into two trees in front of the building of the savings bank.
The 20-year-old driver, a young man from the eastern district of Munich, suffered according to information from the accident minor injuries and was taken to a hospital.
To eliminate the debris and expiring supplies the fire department was called. The forces of the nearby fire station reported that they had there heard heavy tire squeal, followed by a thud. Suspected was, therefore, that the driver had accelerated at the traffic lights in the amount Ro▀markt, before the car was driven 80 meters from the curve.
According to police at the BMW was totaled. Traffic sign and tree were slightly damaged. The estimated total damage is around 90,000 euros.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Manual Transmission issues 328 -opinions?
- DC AREA Car Detail and scratch removal?
- 2009 BMW 328i LCI Halogen LED Bulbs from e92lighting
- Aftermarket Interior Trim (not CF)
- New to me - 2011 335D M-Sport + Premium Package
- 335I dash cluster battery warning
- Anyone here with upgraded turbos?
- Looking to do a swap on my 2006 325i???
- any ideas for blacking out an 07 328xi?
- How to get the maximum performance output