We recently saw some photos of two crashed F80 M3s at the track but now we have the first report of an accident with an all-new BMW M4 Coupe in Munich, Germany. It appears that this car is done for after only being on the road for a short period of time. Luckily for the driver, he appears to have escaped with minor injuries.
Here is the translation of the story from tz.de:
Munich - On a green area at the Sendlinger-Tor-Platz was on Monday afternoon last stop for a young man who was with his BMW raced through the city center.
Shortly before the Sendlinger Tor-Platz, a BMW is apparently due to excessive speed in a curve far out of control. The bolide came right of the roadway down, ran over a traffic sign and crashed into a small park head-on into two trees in front of the building of the savings bank.
The 20-year-old driver, a young man from the eastern district of Munich, suffered according to information from the accident minor injuries and was taken to a hospital.
To eliminate the debris and expiring supplies the fire department was called. The forces of the nearby fire station reported that they had there heard heavy tire squeal, followed by a thud. Suspected was, therefore, that the driver had accelerated at the traffic lights in the amount Roßmarkt, before the car was driven 80 meters from the curve.
According to police at the BMW was totaled. Traffic sign and tree were slightly damaged. The estimated total damage is around 90,000 euros.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Indicator Lamp question
- 328i xdrive - Rattle at 1500-2000 RPM
- 2007 BMW 335i Navigation Screen Off
- Transmission Fluid Recommendation
- Weird Rim Fading/Liquid Damage
- Big daddies mini cats for catless pipes
- Maybe not the definitve article on snow tires but still a good one
- Idk what to price my car at, so many factors, can you guys just suggest some numbers?
- 07 328i coupeturn signal replacement
- Exclamation mark with inactive sign