BMW to launch 340i and 440i in 2016 with new engines
Bimmerfest member ynguldyn gazes into his crystal ball to bring us the latest predictions (not guesses) about BMW's future models. The most exciting news is the highly anticipated re-power of the F3x 3 and 4 series line. Not only does the 3 and 4 get BMW's new B line of engines with a power bump but the get new names as well.
All re-engined F3x models will get new designations:
- 4-cyl B48 engine will have 330i/430i designation instead of 328i/428i
- 6-cyl B58 engine will have 340i/440i designation instead of 335i/435i.
- PHEV F30 will come as 330e, not 328e.
If you're excited about the changes slow down, we're not seeing the new F30 330i and 340i and F32 430i and 440i until July of 2016. ynguldyn outlines the schedule for LCI and the new engines below.
F3x Life Cycle Impulse (LCI) schedule
- F30 and F31 LCI is July 2015 as MY2016. However, 330i is delayed intro, July 2016 as MY2017.
- All 4-series LCI is March 2016 as MY2017
- F34 LCI is July 2016 as MY2017
So a 340i will be a B58 turbo six with 340ish hp. 328i probably becomes 330i, but 320i and 330i stay w/ N20 for a few years.
Source credit to Bimmerfest.com member ynguldyn
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Prepurchase Inspection (hopefully not ridiculous question)
- OEM 17" wheels for sale
- 2007 328i
- Bought an E90! (and other various questions)
- 2008 335i E92 front and rear bumper
- Some new found codes?
- Is Real Window Seal Covered by Factory Warranty
- E9x Air Conditioning in Arizona - any good at all? Anyone?
- OFFICIAL Active Autowerke Front Mount Intercooler(FMIC) Group Buy N54/N55