2015 BMW M4 vs. 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray at the track
BMW hopes it has a new benchmark for the sports car world with its 2015 M4. Automobile magazine puts the new M4 up against the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, to see if the M4 really is the benchmark, or if the Stingray will steal its thunder.
Check out some key points from their test and then have a look at m4 and the Stingray on track.
The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray handily keeps pace with the M4. It's no surprise the cars are well-matched in a straight line, what with America bringing 460 hp to Germany's 425 hp, but this Corvette keeps up everywhere on the track.
The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray has all the fancy technologies of the M4 -- carbon-fiber body parts, electronic differential, adaptive suspension, direct injection, color head-up display -- and it matches the BMW's every move.
More tellinglythe M4 fails to evoke the same response from drivers. Road test editor Christopher Nelson, an M4 champion who begged to take the BMW to the track, finally admits even he's jealous of our small-block Stingray.
The 2015 BMW M4 is an incredible car. The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is equally incredible. And that realization, that a Kentucky-built icon can stack up to Munich's legend, is the most incredible thing of all.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- SQUEAKING noise when off the brakes?
- Changed air filter. Now service engine soon is on.
- Can anyone tell me what these fault codes mean?
- Grills for sale
- Airbag recalls - buyer beware?
- Vrsf catback exhaust for sale
- Help... Need to find a front splitter
- Cluster going crazy help please
- Help, drivers side seat Bolster BROKEN
- 2008 328xi water pump and T-stat repair notes