BMW's 8 flavors of X models
Since BMW has been doing rather well with their X line-up, a few more models could be showing up by the end of the decade. The new models would bring the count up to eight X models in the line-up, X1 through X8.
BMW’s X line-up already offers a bunch of choices for buyers. The X1 is the entry point and is soon to be making the switch to front-wheel drive, with the new model being based on BMW’s new UKL1 platform. An X2 will likely join the group as a more sporty version of the X1, much like the X6 is to the X5. Both the X1 and X2 will utilize front-wheel drive and have a four-wheel drive option as well. Moving up the line you have the bigger X3 and its sportier counterpart the X4, which looks to have an M version (could be M or M Performance) on the way. The X5 is the largest of the BMW SUVs with X6 being the sporting model. The X5 will soon have its M version, powered by a version of the M5’s 4.4 V8 and I’m sure a crazy M version of the X6 will appear at some point. Aside from the new X2, the X7 and even possibly and X8 will join the ranks to round off the X line-up. The X7 has been confirmed by BMW and will be the largest SUV ever produced by BMW and it will have seating for seven. Now if you go by the rest of the line-up, each SUV having a more sporty counterpart, that means an X8 isn’t out of the question. Since Audi has possible plans for a Q8, the X8 would be a good rival, but so far, the X8 is still unconfirmed. Give it time though.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Transmission Fluid Recommendation
- Weird Rim Fading/Liquid Damage
- Big daddies mini cats for catless pipes
- Maybe not the definitve article on snow tires but still a good one
- Idk what to price my car at, so many factors, can you guys just suggest some numbers?
- 07 328i coupeturn signal replacement
- Exclamation mark with inactive sign
- FS: E90/91 Halogen Headlights
- sat radio suddenly disappeared in my 2008 335i. Please help!
- Xenon Headlight - Wire Insulation is Cracking Off - Exposed Coper Wire