Bad BMW driver backs into Seinfeld's rare Porsche

by Bimmerfest.com Member - Dave 20T on August 20, 2014, 6:00 pm

Jerry Seinfeld furious after driver inflicts shrinkage on rare Porsche 911

Seinfeld was out in his 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR — a racing model of which only 49 were built — last weekend in the Hamptons when a woman in a white BMW began backing into it:

In Seinfeld's telling, the woman seemed oblivious, and while she offered to trade information he let her go because "the idea of having her in my life for one more second was intolerable."

I do not have park distance control because I think I have sufficient ability to systematically look at the 2 side mirrors, rear view mirror, and windows. If one doesn't a good understanding of their surroundings, park distance control helps. Actually, if one doesn't have a good understanding of their surroundings, one should pull over and stop driving, particularly in the case of sudden dense fog on the highway. Driving blind is bad.

7 responses to Bad BMW driver backs into Seinfeld's rare Porsche

Autoputzer commented:
August 20, 2014, 10:59 pm

Yeah, and to add insult to injury it was a new pre-LCI F10 WITH park distance control. (You can see the SONAR transducer in the front bumper if you expand the picture.) The thing was beeping away like a sumbich and going "red" on the iDrive screen, and she just plain didn't give a rodent's rectum or she did it on purpose. Yeah, they really do things like that on purpose.

I don't even parallel park my Cobalt unless I have an end spot, a big spot, and I hug the curb or bushes at the opposite end of the adjoining parking space. Parallel park a $1M car, and you take your chances.

Actually, I wouldn't have another car without parking SONAR and surround view cameras. Nobody's near-view depth perception is 100%. Also the trunk heights of modern cars are much higher than the nose heights of modern cars.
Rick D commented:
August 21, 2014, 7:35 am

She was too busy thinking about texting someone.....
paffinity commented:
August 21, 2014, 11:06 am

WTF, I just don't understand when people say that they didn't see the car. Do they just expect other cars to get out of the way when they're in the vicinity?
Thomas Agrimson commented:
August 25, 2014, 5:33 pm

That woman gets around, and may have traded her Honda SUV for the BMW. She put tire marks on my passenger door in a Oregon Trader Joe's parking lot last month. She was obviously self-medicating.
need4speed commented:
August 26, 2014, 9:08 am

BestCS commented:
August 26, 2014, 12:56 pm

I understand Newman is pretty handy with a hammer!
stonex1 commented:
August 26, 2014, 7:34 pm

Totally Jerry's fault for wearing those clothes.