Why did BMW COPY the Mercedes-Benz Web Site and Make it Worse?
Why did BMW COPY the Mercedes Benz Web Site quite literally and make it MUCH WORSE. There is broad consensus that the new web site is worst thing that BMW has ever designed or hired someone to design in the history of this great German Company. Immediately upon roll out of the web site, BMW Enthusiasts, past clients contemplating a new replacement BMW, potential clients clients were shocked that BMW held little respect for them and their time. WHY DID BMW COPY THE WEB SITE OF ITS MAIN COMPETITOR? WHY DID BMW PUSH A DYSFUNCTIONAL WEB SITE ONTO ITS MOST VALUED ASSET ITS CLIENTS, MOST OF WHICH ARE REPEAT CLIENTS? DOES THIS MEAN THAT BMW WILL NOW GIVE UP ON ORIGINAL DESIGN IDEAS AND INNOVATIVE ENGINEERING AND JUST COPY MERCEDES BENZ?
There are all kind of theories floating around that attempt to explain this bizarre behavior.
1. BMW just gave up on competing with Mercedes Benz because they no longer have pride in BMW as a company and its long standing history of design innovation. "It was getting too expensive to research and design things".
2.We ran out of ideas and our heads were not working well.
3. BMW is an international car company so they adapted ideas from around the world. From the Chinese BMW learned that copying your main competitor, even if it is blatant, saves money. From the Russians we learned the value of hacking our competitors servers and stealing their designs. From America and its astute businessman President we learned insulting the intelligence of your friends and allies is a great business strategy.
4. Copyright laws don't matter anymore.
5. Apple is going to enter the car business and we cannot compete with their great ideas and design ideals so we better just give up now rather than later.
6. BMW decided to be frugal and just copy.
7. BMW decided that the internet is over rated and resources are better spent elsewhere.
8. With the rise of populism in the Western World traditional German values and excellence are outdated.
9. BMW as a brand is pivoting to making cheap stuff and the web site was a good place to start.
10. BMW decided that it doesn't matter if its clients have a hard time researching extremely expensive German cars and what the clients think, those people will buy our products no matter what.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Michelin primacy MXM4 ZP 90V instead of Continental ContiProContact SSR 91H
- Fuel Pump Problem
- Bounce Back on Passenger Side Rear Window
- Cobb AP damaged/lost
- Acceleration hesitation
- Window chime reset
- Tire rotation
- Which 2011 Coupe to Buy - 328 or 335 ???
- Transmission shifting hard when car is warmed up
- Faulty speedo, fuel gauge plus more