Tesla has a lot riding on the Model 3, possibly the entire future of the company. With 370,000 pre-orders or more in hand the production Model 3 needs to be just right. With that in mind, and the pressure of Tesla fans and shareholders, pre-production models will roll off the initial assembly as soon as February 20th.
These prototypes will be used to validate the assembly line procedures as well final testing of all systems. July 2017 is the target production date, a date that many thought was overly ambitious for the perennially late Tesla. If the test builds go well later this month it looks like July might be more reasonable than expected.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Headlamp Indicator Symbol with No Lights Out
- Wrong battery installed in car today
- Convertible Top Drains
- 2011 328i SULEV Warranty Coverage Help!
- How to change o2 sensors?
- BMW Software update
- Battery Testing
- FS 2006 E91 325xi manual wagon
- Charging issue with efficient dynamics
- vanity plate ideas for my new BMW 328I convertable coupe