On approximately 19,130 BMW i3s, a section of the fuel tank vent line adjacent to the ribbed wire protecting sleeve of the B+ cable may become chafed.
This safety recall involves the i3 with the range extender (REx) engine. The REx engine compartment is enclosed. A section of the fuel tank vent line is routed near the ribbed wire protecting sleeve of the B+ cable. Due to a possible rubbing of the vent line and the sleeve, the fuel tank vent line could wear through.
BMW has not received any reports, nor is BMW otherwise aware, of any accidents or injuries related to this issue. BMW will begin notifying owners on April 3rd 2017.
Inappropriate routing of the tank ventilation line may lead to vehicle damage.
This Recall Campaign involves certain I01 (i3 REx) vehicles produced from March 5, 2014 to December 30, 2016.
Vehicles which require this Recall Campaign to be completed will show it as "Open" when checked either in AIR, the "Service Menu" of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System) or with the Key Reader.
Contact between the tank ventilation line and the B+ cable.
- Check tank ventilation line for damage and replace if required
- Reposition tank ventilation line and secure
- Check abrasion protection (notched ring) on the tank ventilation line and retrofit if necessary
SI B13 01 17 Repair procedures are attached if you want to see what the repair entails.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Stripped AT filler bolt
- Possibly the Best INPA + tools setup around
- Upgrade headlights / Halo ring/ Exhausts tips
- Buying 2009 - Still a good idea??
- Renting car on turo
- Broken disa
- Car won't start, battery OK
- BMW Wheel Lock, how many splines and code, help me create a list
- Service Engine Light helppp
- Cannot lock bmw due to car flat battery and I have only got a fob not a key??